.eml attachments don't work

When I receive an email with an attachment that is another email in .eml format, that attachment shows up as 0 bytes. I can open the attachment, but it is empty.

However, if I open the email in another email client (such as on my phone) the attachment has a size > 0 bytes, displays normally and I can see all the content.

Help?

Hello,

If eM Client open them and phone client not then we can’t help you as we provide support for our product only.

There is even high possibility that phone client can’t open many file formats sent as attachment.

best regards
Jan

It’s the other way around - eM Client does NOT open them, but my phone client (and every other client) CAN. ONLY eM Client has this problem.

Hello,

Then I would like to see that attachment if you can send me it to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject

best regards
Jan

I have the same problem. This is an old post but i am with this problem yet!

Hi Angelo, can you please specify the issue, what exactly are you having issues with?
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, please excuse my frustration, but did you even read the original post? Almost a year ago, when Jan implicitly suggested it must be a problem with the email attachment, I gave up in despair. But now that I see at least one other person is experiencing the same issue, let me give it another try.

The problem is that when you (i.e., when I, when Angelo, presumably when anyone) receive(s) an email in eM Client and that email has another email with a .eml file type as an attachment, the attachment shows up as 0 bytes, and when you open that attachment there is nothing – it’s empty. The same attachment to the same email displays properly in every other email client on every other platform that I have tried. It works in Outlook, it works on my phone. Please let me know if this is not clear enough. The problem is that .eml attachments don’t work, apparently because eM Client doesn’t handle them properly.

I’ll add that I’m using version 6.0.20617.0. If I send an email to myself using eM Client, and attach another email, everything works fine. In my experience, the problem arises when receiving .eml attachments from people using Outlook…

Exactly my problem RW!

Hi RW, thank you for describing the issue, can you please send me an email containing such corrupt attachment, exported to .eml file from eM Client?
Please send it to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum.

Thank you,
Paul.

HI Paul, RW you guys found an answer for this issue? thanks!

Angelo, what version are you using?

Paul, I’ve specifically identified and checked the year-old emails that prompted my original post, and they appear to display properly now. It may be that one of the more recent versions fixed this issue.

The same version of RW  6.0.20617.0.

I just checked the newer version and is another maybe this will solve the problem!

Sorry, I got a bit lost here, are you still having issues with viewing some of the .eml files?

Thank you,
Paul.

I updated my version yesterday and i’m waiting for be sure!

Hi Paul! i am still having that issue, even after the update to the latest version. 

hi again, what mail service provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Exchange, …), I can’t replicate the issue currently.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi i am using the exchange. Thanks

Hi Angelo can you also please right click your inbox (or any folder you’re having issues with), and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button?
The issue with .eml files should be fixed in this release but after using the repair function.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul, sorry but I did the repair and the problem persists. the eml files with 0kb continue. Thanks.