eMClient with Teams

I have a lot of online teaching meetings with clients who use Microsoft Teams. When I try to add Teams as a on-line meetings provider it defaults to Skype??. Then I notice that if my clients have set up a recurring on-line lesson (normal) and one of the sequence is cancelled, Outlook is updated, but not eMClient. Does eMClient actually work with Teams?

The link is created by the Microsoft server for the type of account you have with them.

If it is a Business account, it will give you Teams.
If it is a Personal account, it will give you Skype.

This was previously asked and answered here:

And here:

Gary - many thanks for your rapid response. The chance of Microsoft listening to me - since this is crazy and like your other client I have a personal Teams license - is zero but isn’t this something eMClient can sort with them since, for me, it’s stopping me going full eMClient

miércoles 01 noviembre 2023 :: 1428hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @Mike_Bacon

Unfortunately I can not help, maybe confuse, however, there is something strange.
I do have a Microsoft business account.
I run Teams on my Laptop (Win 11 Pro)
Until today I have never bothered to enable any Online Meetings in eMC
Out of curiosity I have just attempted to add Microsoft Teams in eMC and was given SKYPE…?
I have no idea why and frankly I am not interested why, I have removed it as I have no need to run Teams from eMC, do you?
I do know that historically I had Skype for Business but this is now Teams
I guess it is an issue that will need to be resolved between eMC & Microsoft.

skybat

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

This is generated by the Microsoft server based on the type of account you have with them. If it is incorrect, you will need to contact Microsoft for assistance, as it is their server that assigns it, not eM Client.

Skybat, thanks for that.I suspected as much. In my view - other than for companies with their own IT department, Teams is a really poor product - I’m being polite - for the ordinary user. Anyway it seems - see Gary’s reply - that eMClient are not interested in resolving it - even if it means people like me can’t use the product. But thanks again for your input

When you enter your credentials in the web browser part of the online meeting setup, they are sent to Microsoft and Microsoft will assign you Skype or Teams based on the type of account you have with them. There is nothing we can do about that as it is all handled by the Microsoft server. If the Microsoft server is assigning you the wrong type, then you need to contact them. Business users have direct support from Microsoft, and it is easy for you to get in touch with them. They will resolve it for you so that their server assigns you a Teams option rather than Skype when you present your business account credentials. But if you don’t have a business account with them, then they will assign you Skype instead. That is their decision, not ours. We can’t change that. Sorry.

1 Like