emClient 9 beta

Trying to delete email in Sent folder…
Error appeared (see screenshot)
English translation: Error. You have not got sufficient rights for this operation
Nothing in Errors tab.
History tab:
1:03:13 VL AC IMAP Synchronize folder ‘/Sent’

obrazek

You have not got sufficient rights for this operation

I wonder if something has changed on your Kerio Server end being that all your computers with eM Client installed now cannot delete mail from the sent folder as you advised and getting a rights access problem when trying to delete mail.

If you run your own Kerio server suggest to maybe reboot it to see if that fixes the problem. Or if it’s a managed Kerio server if they can reboot it for you.

I get the following error with my Office 365 Account when syncing, no emails can be shown:

09:45:25 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 19: ‘UNIQUE constraint failed: Categories.name’.

Deleting and readding the account in Emclient didn’t help.

This is not Kerio server issue.
I have got eMClient license for 2 PC.
I had run eM Client 9 on one computer and eMClient 8 on second computer in the same time. The issue has been only on computer with eMClient 9 and appeared on second computer after upgrade to eMClient 9 too.

Unfortunately, the discussion is pointless at all. The problem of “insufficient” access rights is not due to your own server (Kerio, Exchange, etc.) but exclusively to problems with the eM Client database SQLite since V.9.x Beta x. In this case, my affected clients are exclusively Macs.
The solution: Delete the mailbox cache folder (e.g. 6e5dc3b4-e0d7-4966-8db7-8b1ab6a21eaa) inside the eM Client data folder. eM Client must be closed first. After restarting eM Client, the client starts to cache the data from the server again. After that, the problem with the access rights is fixed. Usually the work runs smoothly for a few days, until suddenly, for no apparent reason, the same error occurs again.
A clear improvement of the problems creates the deactivation of the offline caching in the account settings with the disadvantage of the limited search function, which is actually an outstanding feature of the eM Client.
My assumption: Mailboxes > 20,000 emails cause problems.
Overall, I appreciate eM Client for its innovative ideas. I see great potential in the app. Unfortunately, numerous bugs in the app have not been solved over the years. That’s too bad. In my case, bug reports to the manufacturer were exclusively attributed to my own misconfigurations. Feature requests are not even answered by the manufacturer. That leaves me perplexed. In 35 years as an avid Apple user and programmer, I’ve rarely seen a manufacturer so unwilling to take customers seriously.

I mean the discussion is mostly useful.
This issue has been solved in internal version, so please wait for official release, that will come soon.
see this thread Insufficient access rights to perform the operation

I’m afraid of poor testing of the eM Client updates. It looks like developers are interested only in some server types and some client computers. But there are a lot of users with different IT environment. The company should improve testing in all used environments (all the officialy supported mail servers, Windows 7, 10, 11, MacOS, usual monitor resolutions from 1024x768 to 3840x2160 at least). There is nothing worse than releasing update with bugs, which are repaired too late. Users are disappointed and reputation goes down.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree that discussions are useful. But I notice that the well-meaning and committed customers who participate constructively in the discussions here regularly find themselves in the situation that they, their hardware, their setup are the cause of the error.
From my point of view, I am very willing to participate constructively with tests and reports of results, without badmouthing the tested software if there are errors.
But I find it difficult to constantly justify my results and insights. These are results that I, like many other techies, are happy to make available for positive further development.
If you agree, we are partners. So far, my experience has been that you see criticism and bug reports as an affront.
As I said before, I see great potential in eM Client and I am motivated to make my positive contribution. We installed eM Clients on around 50 customer PCs last year. We wouldn’t have done this if we thought Outlook or Apple Mail was that great :wink:

Please don’t be misunderstood, I am just user and small reseller not associated with developer any way.
We are in the same boat.
The goal is stable eM Client without glitches for me and for my customers too.

OK, we’re in the same boat :slight_smile:

I’m upset about eM Client’s poor quality control with the Beta’s becoming release versions too quickly. I’ve purchased 150 licenses of 7, and would have switched the rest of the company to 8 but there were so many problems with 8 when it was first released and now the same thing with 9. It’s sad…

@richard.bourque

I’m upset about eM Client’s poor quality control with the Beta’s becoming release versions too quickly

Did you send in Beta feedback at the time of testing V8 and V9 about your issues ?

If not, what are the issues in V9 you are having.

That’s what I meant. Cyberzork doesn’t take on customers’ problems. Instead, every effort is made to identify the problem in the customer setup. What shoud that? Many previous speakers write about the same problems. The serious unsolved problem in the case I described weeks ago (V.9 Beta 1,2,3) is the problem with access rights to the “Sent Items” and “Public Folders” folders. My server Kerio is latest version and client access via IMAP. Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox work perfectly without any problem. Isn’t it silly to pin down Kerio as the source of the problem at all costs? Can we please move forward and fix the problems instead of getting caught up in blame?

Have you tried connecting to the server using EWS?

Yes, I tried using EWS several times with all Beta versions. EWS has a big problem starting from a database size bigger than 10 GB (my database ist abour 16GB). Then it ends its sync activity. I had already written that at the beginning of V.8 - 18 months ago. eM Client via EWS is definitely not usable with large mailboxes at the moment. The problem with the access rights first appeared with V. 8.2.1687.0 (11/2021) and has not been solved since then. The hope to solve it was the reason for me to load the beta 9 :slight_smile:

From what i read in this thread above “this issue you are having” has been fixed in a later internal build which sounds like you will need to wait for an official release.

No, the access rights issue was only discussed but never resolved. The issue with EWS not syncing with large databases was never fixed. I had resigned myself to that and use IMAP. My friendly feature request list from October 2020 never got a response. What are we talking about?

Since November 2021 I have been working in parallel with Apple Mail, Thunderbird and eM Client. All are connected to Kerio server via IMAP. Apple Mail and Thunderbird work always fine. eM Client does not. The issues are on the table and, frankly, I have better things to do than get bogged down in arguments about evidence. I don’t want to give up eM Client that easily, because, as I have written several times, I see great potential in it and appreciate many functions. It is clear that not everything is going smoothly all the time. However, the basic functionality (denial of access to the “sent items” folder is a nogo) Why does this happen and why isn’t it fixed after months? This is a mystery to me.

The insufficient access rights was resolved in a later internal version (not released officially yet) as per @Vladimir_Losinsky advised above which is what i was referring to.

However your other issue of “EWS not syncing with large databases was never fixed” may also be resolved in the next official release as well.

1 Like

Hello cyberzork, any news?
eM Client is unusable for all Kerio Server with Mac eM Client users from 8.2.1687.0 to the current 9.0.1360.0 due to the access rights error. Apple Mail and Thunderbird and Postbox, on the other hand, work without errors. So it’s not up to Kerio. Since the error has existed for so long and was reported by me in December 2021, the question arises as to why it is not being fixed? Thank you for your feedback.

@Kopetzki

eM Client is unusable for all Kerio Server with Mac eM Client users from 8.2.1687.0 to the current 9.0.1360.0 due to the access rights error

Yes I understand, and I only know as you there is a fix in the next official Beta or Official releases for this issue u and others have, but I don’t know that answer unfortunately. I’m just a user too.

If you are using the Mac 3 Beta currently maybe suggest to email [email protected] as it’s still in Beta teating to ask that question where Beta support (may be able to advise you further on that update) release.

I suspect the Devs are still working on other interium fixes as well to combine them together.

Otherwise as @Gary says everyone with this issue will just have to wait till the company updates it on the version history page.