Emails won't send

Just installed the software - emails all synced and downloaded but it won’t let me send anything. SMTP problem. Says it can’t connect. ‘could be caused by temp server unavailabilty’. I have checked the settings and they look correct

help please…

Hi,

Can you make screen shot of your tools - accounts - your account - smtp tab (you can censor your email and password length) and put it here?

Also if it will not be shown, what email service do you use?

with regards
Jan

same problem- so frustrating

Hi Russell,
if you are experiencing the same problem, please provide more information about the issue, so we can help you solve it.
When the error pops up again, can you open the third tab in the same window as the error titles ‘Log’ and copy it’s contents here?

Regards,
Olivia

I installed the product yesterday and am having the same problem. What information can I send? Thank you.

Help I am having the same problem too.

me too

Has your problem been solved?  If so what was the answer?  Thanks

Me too. It worked fine for a week and then my email quit working. I had same problem with thunderbird and that is why I changed. I have 3 accounts and only this one does not work,

I have the same set up at work and a different account has this problem.

Attached photo of smtp tab. Amy help is appreciated. Why one account but the others and they all go through ATT.net.

I have the same problem on 2 computers. Posted a screen shot at the end of this thread.

Hello James,
what version of eM Client are you currently using? Check the full number in Help>About section.
Can you also copy the content of Tools>Operations>Log tab when the error pops up?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello James,
can you try changing your Security policy under the SMATP tab to Force SSL?

Regards,
Olivia

It seemed to work but the test mail I sent stuck in the outbox. I tried to forward that email and it never arrived at a different email box.

Why would that work and the other accounts I use work with the other settings?

This is now affecting 2 emails at work.

Hello James,
I could not find your license information. Are you a PRO license user? If so, I suggest using PRO support where our engineers can assist you more quickly and in detail - http://support.emclient.com/
If you are a FREE license user - are you aware that you can only set up 2 mail accounts?
Also if it happens on specific address, the issue could be with that specific account’s server, perhaps?
Can you copy the new connection error log from the Log window?

Regards,
Olivia

I am probably a free user but I had 3 accounts working and then 1 quit. At work I have 2 accounts and a different one quit working. All of the addresses I check are through ATT.net. So why does one stop and not another? I’ll post the log after I tried to send a test message to myself.

When this happened on Thunderbird I checked a lot of blogs to see if there was any help. One, and only 1, person had found relief by getting grid host to unblock his email address. This means nothing to me but maybe it is a source of inquiry for you,

This one is a timeout issue - is there perhaps a large message you tried to send recently that is still trying to synchronize?