Emails Received but won't Send

You just double click on the file once you have downloaded it.

We have already given a workaround so users can continue to use their Microsoft email accounts, but Microsoft will need to fix this as it is something they changed on their servers.

It is not an eM Client problem and affects any applications using newer versions of oAuth.

Hi Gary!

Thank you for the response and I will give it a try to see if it works. Hopefully MS will have a solution for this soon.
Appreciate your help!!!

Why is for Microsoft to fix if they change what they want must be for other to change to use new Microsoft setting.

Torsten

It is not a new setting. They removed the modern oAuth from SMTP and reverted to an older option, but they still allow the modern option for IMAP. So essentially they broke it because they have different versions for protocols within the same account. That is not possible. If they didn’t want users to use modern oAuth, they should have removed it from IMAP as well.

But we have provided a workaround, so an older option will be used for both.

is this problem fixed or not??? this is a pain
with hotmail

More of a question for your email provider, but you can test it. We provided an undo option in our announcement. Give that a go and see if you still have the issue afterwards. If you do, it is not yet fixed.

But you can continue using our workaround, even after they fix it. Some email applications only use this older version of oAuth, so there is no problem keeping it like that in eM Client.

Big news flash on CNN today about the Microsoft problems with Outlook email. They recognize that they created the problem on or around Feb 3rd. I beleive that it was well before then.

1 Like

Well I tried the work-around to the letter and still cannot send emails? Receiving is no problem?

1. Shut down EMClient
  2. removed all of the permissions
  3. Ran the registry file and it indicated completed
  4. Started EMC and signed in as requested
  5. Still cannot send?

This needs attention from somebody before everyone with an Outlook account pulls the pin on EMClient.

Well I tried the work-around to the letter and still cannot send emails? Receiving is no problem

Ran the registry file and it indicated completed

Make sure you reboot after running the registry modification or it normally won’t work.

Hi “cyberzork”

Really? Why would that not be put into the worak around instructions?

Everything is working fine now. I had 14 test mails arrive in my “Inbox” Lol!!!

I also received and update 9.2.1553 so I am not sure what corrected the situation? All I know s that I can once again “Send” emails which is great!!!

Thank you once again for the timely response
much apprcited as always!!

Richard

i rebooted and still, it does nto work
nothing
did all the steps
rebooted
emails dont go out

i did this twice
no go

i did this twice
no go

Then go to “Menu / Operations” via the dropdown next to refresh and click the (far right log tab) and look for any obvious errors and paste it in this thread, as you may have another sending mail issue and not to do with this SMTP OAuth token problem.

More Outlook issues

I carried out the work-around instructions this afternoon and rebooted. Emails still not sending. Maybe I did something wrong, but I’m not knowledgeable with computer systems.

I’ve used and loved eM Client for many years but it’s become too frustrating and I’m near the end of my patience regarding the no-send problem.

Since the problem is (or was) so widespread, I’d have expected an updated version to be sent out to cure it. There was an update issued a few days ago and I installed it with the expectation that it would include a cure - but it didn’t.

I went through the fix Gary.

I figured that I could quickly enter the password. It is giving me the attached message. I have been waiting and waiting
 but still no opportunity to input the password.

Thanks

@Rob16

I went through the fix

That message then could be referring to your incoming mail server password like an eg: “Outlook Generated App Password” instead of your normal mailbox password to receive mail and nothing to do with the SMTP OAuth problem. All depends if anything has changed in your online mail account.

Try toggling around your open background tasks and see if there is an open window asking / prompting for a password. If there is no open background window asking you to enter a password, then close eM Client and reopen it.

If it’s still asking to enter your password again after reopening, you may need to remove and re-add this specific account via the automatic email wizard setup in “Menu / Accounts”.

Or you may need to go into your Outlook online and generate an app password and use that password instead on the account setup.

Note:- If you do remove and re-add it, backup first via “Menu / Backup” incase you need to restore. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Show Operations” via the dropdown on the right of Refresh at the top left.

Thanks cyberzork for the VERY COMPLETE reply !

“Try toggling around your open background tasks and see if there is an open window asking / prompting for a password.”

Yes
 that was it exactly!

So I completed the process
 and I was able to send mail again
 but then I stopped receiving mail.

This was kind of a worse scenario so I reversed the whole thing.

This problem in general is actually familiar to me. I believe that I went through the same or similar problem a couple of years ago when using yahoo email with EmClient. The advice at that time was to drop yahoo and use either outlook or gmail. I hope that I am not going to have to change again. I have been phobic about using gmail

Regards

@Rob16

So I completed the process
 and I was able to send mail again
 but then I stopped receiving mail.

I have heard of this not being able to receive mail after doing the fix with some other users.

As I said previously you may now need to have a “generated app password” for your mailbox Outlook account login (to receive mail) as some other users found due to some possible eg: Microsoft online account changes.

Or you might just need another reboot of your computer after applying the interim fix.

So first redo the SMTP workaround interim fix again step by step, and at the end “reboot your computer”. Then try again to see if you can receive mail.

Failing that if it still won’t receive, go into your Outlook account online and try generating an app password and then close and reopen eM Client and enter the generated app password. Hopefully you can then receive mail.

Lastly as previously mentioned you may need to remove and re-add your Outlook account via the automatic email wizard setup. Good luck.

martes 22 febrero 2023 :: 0724hrs (UTC +0100)

I dot know if this connected with your issue

Take the morning off because Outlook has already ‱ The Register

skybat

¥Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.