Emails Received but won't Send

viernes 03 febrero 2023 :: 2041hrs (UTC +0100)

To be absolutely clear. here is the link again to the eMC solution:

Cannot send emails for Outlook.com accounts - Authentication aborted - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Also there is the possibility that Microsoft could consider that the issue is for eMC to resolve within their program - so with the “work around” in place perhaps it might be safer to wait and see, in other words if all works well simply accept what you have.

ÂĄBuena suerte!

¥Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

After going through the workaround which includes uninstalling my Outlook account and then re-installing, the biggest negative I see is that all of the garbage domains I had previously blacklisted as junk are now populating my inbox again which means I now have to go through the whole blacklisting process all over again. Bummer.

1 Like

If you do the eM Client support page ms revoke token & registry mod workaround via the eM Client link above, you don’t have to remove and readd any accounts.

However as you now have, if you have been doing eM Client backups via the program, you can restore your latest backup (which includes all the account setups, settings and rules etc) via “Menu / File / Restore” and then do the eM Client support page modification and you will be good to go.

1 Like

Removing and re-adding an account will not affect the Blacklist Rule. It is account independant. You can go to Menu > Rules > Local Rules and check if it is there. It should still have all the domains you added previously.

Hi there,
Frustration is out of control here! I have tried the so-called work-around and did not work. MS will not accept “Exchange” setup from my home account!
Only method working is to put email into “Draft” then use my Ipad to send from there as suggested by “Withers” above. We are now into the third day and this has basically shut down all EMC users attached to MS accounts. Surely there must be a better approach by the developers to MS to have this corrected?
I know everyone is doing theri best but I feel like I am being held hostage here!

It is not so-called. :wink: We have provided a registry value that will overcome the issue on your email provider’s server. It really does work.

No, MS may not allow you to setup a personal account as Exchange. I thought I already mentioned. Apologies, it may have been in another topic discussing this issue.

Just follow the instructions we provided, by applying the registry fix, then revoking the permissions on the MS page. It is really quite simple. You don’t even have to remove your email account from eM Client.

Do you know when Microsoft fix this problem once, will we be forced to reverse this solution or we can continue use it like this ?

“Really quite simple”?
I am an 81 year old senior and not quite as good as I once was when working with computers. I have no idea how to run a registry fix?

Can we expect a fix from EMC anytime soon as I am tired of having to save to “Drafts” and then use Ipad to send out. This “Auth0” problem is not new and despite past problems MS continues to create ongoing havoc with anyone who opts to use products other than their own!
Also is this just an EMC problem or does this problem exist for all mail clients (Thunderbird, Mailbird etc.) other than Outlook?

You just double click on the file once you have downloaded it.

We have already given a workaround so users can continue to use their Microsoft email accounts, but Microsoft will need to fix this as it is something they changed on their servers.

It is not an eM Client problem and affects any applications using newer versions of oAuth.

Hi Gary!

Thank you for the response and I will give it a try to see if it works. Hopefully MS will have a solution for this soon.
Appreciate your help!!!

Why is for Microsoft to fix if they change what they want must be for other to change to use new Microsoft setting.

Torsten

It is not a new setting. They removed the modern oAuth from SMTP and reverted to an older option, but they still allow the modern option for IMAP. So essentially they broke it because they have different versions for protocols within the same account. That is not possible. If they didn’t want users to use modern oAuth, they should have removed it from IMAP as well.

But we have provided a workaround, so an older option will be used for both.

is this problem fixed or not??? this is a pain
with hotmail

More of a question for your email provider, but you can test it. We provided an undo option in our announcement. Give that a go and see if you still have the issue afterwards. If you do, it is not yet fixed.

But you can continue using our workaround, even after they fix it. Some email applications only use this older version of oAuth, so there is no problem keeping it like that in eM Client.

Big news flash on CNN today about the Microsoft problems with Outlook email. They recognize that they created the problem on or around Feb 3rd. I beleive that it was well before then.

1 Like

Well I tried the work-around to the letter and still cannot send emails? Receiving is no problem?

1. Shut down EMClient
  2. removed all of the permissions
  3. Ran the registry file and it indicated completed
  4. Started EMC and signed in as requested
  5. Still cannot send?

This needs attention from somebody before everyone with an Outlook account pulls the pin on EMClient.

Well I tried the work-around to the letter and still cannot send emails? Receiving is no problem

Ran the registry file and it indicated completed

Make sure you reboot after running the registry modification or it normally won’t work.

Hi “cyberzork”

Really? Why would that not be put into the worak around instructions?

Everything is working fine now. I had 14 test mails arrive in my “Inbox” Lol!!!

I also received and update 9.2.1553 so I am not sure what corrected the situation? All I know s that I can once again “Send” emails which is great!!!

Thank you once again for the timely response
much apprcited as always!!

Richard

i rebooted and still, it does nto work
nothing
did all the steps
rebooted
emails dont go out