Emails Received but won't Send

or

1. Move to another email client such as Thunderbird (which I’ve just set up and it works with Outlook with no probs)!!

If anyone is open to testing something, we have a version we just created that won’t use SMTP to send, but will use AirSync instead thus bypassing the issue altogether. You don’t need to change anything in eM Client except install this version, and you won’t need the registry workaround. You can remove that by using the removeoldoutlookcomflow.reg file on the Knowledgebase page or run the command for Mac users.

You can get the special version here for PC. Mac users can get it here. Please send any feedback to [email protected] regarding this version.

1 Like

The above fix (version 9.2.1628) allowed me to send emails for my regular Outlook.com account.

If a user leaves everything at the default settings established by EMC, everything should work okay because IMAP, SMTP and AirSync are enabled on the General tab in the Account screen.

@Gary The new updated Interim Release as per your info & link above now sends fine :slightly_smiling_face:

What has made EM decide NOT to wait for Microsoft to provide a “fix” when it’s "their "problem and not EM? Perhaps the developers have come to the conclusion MS will not provide a solution to this issue which seems to only plague EM?

martes 28 febrero 2023 :: 0731hrs (UTC +0100)

Good question - AirSync was used years ago…

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

No, this issue affects all email applications using modern oAuth for SMTP. As I have said many times, the issue is that Microsoft broke their oAuth implementation for SMTP. We decided to use AirSync instead to send messages, thus bypassing the server issue completely as it doesn’t appear your email provider is going to fix their server any time soon.

1 Like

Thanks Gary - emails now sending!

Thanks Gary. This special version works for me. Emails are now sending.

Much appreciated.

Hi Gary,

couldn’t resist your offer, and have installed this new version to try it out.

Setting up for myself, EMC saw my other email client and offered to import it all. I thought “why not?”, and it worked perfectly (yes, even Hotmail!)

Setting up for my wife, I used the automatic setup for her outlook.com, but it failed. I removed it and started again, but set it up to outlook365.com, and that was successful.

Pity it took so long for this to be made available, but we are both up and running again with me using airsync, and both of us on EMC. I’ll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Finally a fix from eM Client. The new version is working well…so far.

Having clicked Gary’s link and installed the fix, i.e. version 9.2.1628 (a307a94), and checked that airsync is now active, imap and smtp greyed out, and “send immediately” is ticked, there is no change - outgoing mail still fails…although no error messages are now triggered (have checked they are ticked for airsync logging). I note that others are finding the fix works for them, but no luck with mine. I had not previously used the registry workaround, so there would be no residual issues from that; nor made any changes to my MS-outlook.com account settings. All was working fine prior to the Microsoft oauth change. I can of course use MS-outlook.com online or desktop with no issues - but I have all my vast local work files from many years on eMclient, and in any event no wish to change. It’s frustrating though, would be grateful for any suggestions.

@RBCS

Having clicked Gary’s link and installed the fix, i.e. version 9.2.1628 (a307a94), and checked that airsync is now active, imap and smtp greyed out, and “send immediately” is ticked, there is no change - outgoing mail still fails

Make sure you reverse the registry workaround and recommend to reboot after doing that.

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again. Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

Thanks Gary - I disabled firewall etc. (Norton, also checked W.Defender was off) as suggested; still receiving fine but nothing sending. (Reference cyberzork’s response, thanks for that but I had not implemented the registry workaround so nothing to roll back; I did restart pc after installing the latest fix version of eMclient). I can only think that maybe there is an Account setting on my Microsoft outlook.com (hotmail) account that needs changing maybe, or carried-forward setting(s) in eMclient I’ve overlooked? Meantime thanks for the advice thus far…

It could be incorrect settings.

The SMTP tab should look like this:

Hello. I have the same issue. I receive emails but cant send, and the emails received have blocked images. Happens every time I awake the computer after suspension. If I restart the computer, its all good. But my issue affects gmail server settings. If I go through the web, all ok, but after suspension, dont work through em client.

P.S. I discovered that the bug happened after changing the system font via “winaero tweaker”. I changed back and the issue doesnt occur anymore!

Now using those settings Gary; Host and port were correct, Security was on the legacy setting but now changed to force usage of SSL/TLS; saved settings and closed/reopened eMclient just in case that helped. Unfortunately, still not sending.

jueves 09 marzo 2023 :: 1825hrs (UTC +0100)

Nothing to do with the eMC issue.
We had a client who messed around with Winaero changing from Segoe UI system
font that caused a lot of problems.
The only font that we managed to change to for him that did not cause issues was
Webleysleek UI Semibold

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

O problema está resolvido. Obrigado!
Cumprimentos desde Portugal!
Abraço forte.