eM Client Emoticons

Hoping I am addressing this enquiry to the correct location.
A couple of years ago we were using Windows Live Mail 2012 mail system on our then current computer, but were advised that Windows were phasing out help with that mail system on that age computer. We then had our computer advisor install eM Client (free version) on our computer and we have gradually become reasonably competent and very happy using eM Client.
We recently purchased a new computer and had eM Client transferred to the new computer. We are more than happy with eM Client (free version) mail system but wonder if the email Emoticon (list of 40) could be upgraded to show a more expansive number of Emoticons to choose from. From our memory the Windows Live Mail emoticons listing showed a larger selection than what we currently have on eM Client.
So we are wondering if other users would also be interested in a slightly more expansive range of emoticons to choose from and further enhance eM Client’s email capabilities/appeal.

Yours in emailing,
Jocelyn and Gordon NEALE.

Apart from the Emojis built into eM Client, you can also use the built-in Windows 10 Emojis.

When in eg: The Body of the email hold down the “Windows key” and press the “. Dot” key.

3 Likes

Hello, eM Client 8.2 will include all the emoticons you can imagine directly accessible from the user interface. It will also include support for Giphy and some nice eM Client stickers.

1 Like

Thank you cyberzork for your prompt advice.
Easy enough to follow and the range and colour quality is excellent.
Regards,
Gordon and Jocelyn.

1 Like

Thank you Michal for your prompt reply.
We will be looking forward to seeing eM Client version 8:2.
Regards,
Gordon and Jocelyn.

Yes, it is now in the 8.2 Beta:

1 Like

Thank you Gary and Michal for the update re the inclusions of more emoticons for attaching to emails. It has been been over 12hours since receiving that advice, but no new emoticons found on my eM Client message interface at this stage.
Do I need to do anything to be able to access the new emoticons on version 8.21. Beta:.
(Note what does Beta: mean for me ?)
Regards,
Gordon.

The beta is not yet public. When it is, you will be able to download it from the Release History, or you will be invited by email.

Beta software is usually that which has not yet been released because it is still in testing and development. It may have some features disabled, and many bugs. It is not suitable for use in a production environment. You use it at your own risk because it can result in data loss and regular crashing.

Gary.
Thank you for your prompt advice.
I now know I have to be more patient and wait for the fully developed results.
Regards,
Gordon.

1 Like

To Team eM Client.

I have to-day received your notification of the new version of eM Client 8.2 with the new listing of Emoticons and Stickers.
I have had a look at the range of Emoticons and Stickers and I am most impressed with what has been supplied. They greatly fulfil my request I made back in February this year, so congratulations and thank you Team eM Client for your effort to give us users what we request. I believe the email package has now been enhanced further with each new improved feature and should make it appealing to prospective new clients.

Thank you and regards,
Gordon.

1 Like

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, however my version of eM Client does not have the full range of emoticons as displayed in Gary’s reply above. I have 40 Emoticons - 25 Gifs & 11 Stickers, has something gone haywire with my installation of the Free eM Client v8.2.1.1659(845a639), or do you only get the full compliment with the paid version?

eM Client does not have the full range of emoticons as displayed in Gary’s reply above

No difference in emojis in free or paid that I’m aware of. Could be something went wrong when you prev upgraded.

Suggest to go to the release history page link and re-download the latest V8.2.1659 version.

Then backup your current eM Client via 'Menu / Backup". Next uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database when asked on uninstall”.

Finally reinstall eM Client & see if emojis are all there like in @Gary example screenshots above.

Are you clicking on the selectors along the bottom?

A backup and re-installation was in the back of my mind.

Thanks for your rely cyberzork.

This is capture of what I see Gary.
2022-02-05_22-11-25

Thanks for your reply.

Downloaded a fresh copy of eM Client v8.2.1659 and installed it, no change to the emoticons etc.
I even turned off my AntiVirus program for the install, just in case.

I wonder if there is a eg: Emoji cache in eM Client that might just need to be cleared or reset somewhere ? I don’t know if there is a way.

Maybe you have a Theme problem, or something has gone wrong with your eM Client mail database hidden roaming folder somewhere, or maybe you have a Windows registry issue with eM Client.

So Suggest first (if you have an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud) account to try the following.

Try changing Themes in eM Client to see if they show at all.

Could be your current “Theme” isn’t showing right somewhere when composing or replying etc in eM Client. So the new updated emojis could actually be showing, but you are not seeing them.

If none of the themes allow you to see the new updated emojis, suggest to backup eM Client again via “Menu / Backup” and then rename your “eM Client” roaming database hidden folder (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client) to something else temporarily eg: oldmaildatabase.

Next uninstall eM Client and if (it still exists after uninstall), delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder. Lastly reinstall eM Client and setup your mail account again as new to see if even a new blank mail database shows the emojis.

Note: Also if your tech savvy after eM Client uninstall (before reinstalling) remove anything to do with eM Client out of the registry.

Can you start eM Client with a blank database, and see if there is any difference.

To do that, close eM Client and then open a Windows Command Prompt.
Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command, including the " "
“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dblocation C:\em

This will start eM Client with a blank new database.
Cancel any setup windows, then start a new message and see the emoticons.

What is the result?

You can then close eM Client and start it as normal to open the previous database.
You can now delete the C:\em folder.

1 Like

I closed eM Client and checked Task Manager to ensure everything was closed down.
I then ran an Admin command prompt and pasted in your command:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dblocation C:\em, but it failed. The error message was:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I haven’t followed cyberzork suggestion at this stage. I was hoping your command prompt would work. :worried:

P.S. My apologies, I should have listed my OS in my first post, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Your path maybe slightly different on Win 7 to MailClient.exe, or maybe you didn’t have admin access in the command prompt window for some reason or you missed the " at the start of the prompt.

So first check the first part of the path as Gary advised above to MailClient.exe the same on your PC “in your file manager” is the same ? “C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe”

Also when the Admin Dos Prompt opens you should see “Administrator Command Prompt” at the top. Then just type as per as Gary advised (With the Quote at the start) as in my screenshot example below. "C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dblocation C:\em

When you then hit enter it will just drop down to the next line with no errors. Close the Prompt and open eM Client and as Gary advised ignore the wizard and then compose and email to see if new eMojis are there.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1

Alot has changed since Windows 7 where newer coding might also be an issue with eg: eM Client 8 & upcoming 9 versions running on an older (no longer supported) Microsoft OS which is also now not secure to run. Risky running that Windows. Suggest to update to min Windows 10 (if you can) to avoid issues with your own safety and security against eg: malware , ransomware and backdoor OS type attacks etc.