eM Client Emoticons

I never gave the coding compatibility a thought cyberzork.
I am in the position of not being able to upgrade my OS as my MB manufacturer has not and never will release any drivers for Win10 and above. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I can’t afford a new PC either. :sob:

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard.

I am in the position of not being able to upgrade my OS as my MB manufacturer has not and never will release any drivers for Win10 and above… GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ok understand. Looking up Windows 7 X86 folder again to MailClient.exe should be the same in the command line, so try pasting "C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dblocation C:\em again in the admin command prompt with the " at the start as in the screenshot above.

It will normally fail without the " at the start.

You could even try typing in the Dos Prompt eg: path=C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client and pressing enter (prior to typing Gary’s command) just incase you have a path issue.

Ps If that command still won’t work in the admin command prompt for you (as worked ok for me when I pasted it & ran it in the prompt), then rename the eM Client folder in your hidden roaming folder and do it that way (as per my earlier advise). Either way will create a blank database to test this issue. Just Gary’s way is easier.

Hi cyberzork,

I admit defeat on this emoticons thread. :rage:
I have followed all your directions as well as Gary’s and I get nowhere, even eM Client on my wife’s PC is the same. Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere along the line with both setups.

Her PC is a totally different set up to mine as far as MB - RAM etc are concerned. We also both use a different version of Windows 7 as her PC is a lot older than mine and mine is a dinosaur, but we both use the same software programs.

G’day subyroo (Peter).

I noticed that you were making enquiries as regards the full range of Emoticons, Gifs and Stickers that are available on eM Client.
I saw where cyberzork and Gary were giving you advise/help as regards being able to access the full range of Emoticons, Gifs and Stickers. I was sorry to hear you had to admit defeat on this emoticons thread, and as I am not overly computer literate I can not help any further with your initial request.
However, if sometime down the track you are able to access the full package I am sure you will be pleased with what is actually available. My wife and I are in our 70’s and we get lots of compliments from piers and our children regards our application of the various Emoticons, Gifs and Stickers that we apply to many of emails.

Happy emailing in the future.
Regards,
Gordon and Jocelyn NEALE.

2 Likes

Thanks Gordon, I can live with it. :+1:

Apologies that I did not see this before.

With Windows 7 and 8, these new emoticons are not supported due to a limitation in the fonts in the OS.

1 Like

Looks like I will just have to win the lottery and buy myself a new PC. :rofl: