eM Client displays wrong senders

I have this problem since a few days.
I use eM client with both a Gmail and an Outlook account; the former is the one I use the most since I use it at work.

Since a few days the client randomly displays wrong senders in some emails.
I noticed it since I started seeing emails where the listed sender was absolutely the wrong one. I then checked online (via browser) and noticed that on Gmail everything was displayed correctly.

Let me try to make you an example:

• what I see on Gmail in my browser ( correct senders):
    mail 1) sent by A to X and Y
    mail 2) sent by B to X and Y
    mail 3) sent by C to X and Y

• what I see in eM Client (incorrect senders):
    mail 1) sent by C to X and Y
    mail 2) sent by A to X and Y
    mail 3) sent by B to X and Y

I hope my explanation is clear enough!
I tried running “DbRepair.exe” and nothing has changed.

Any idea? Is there something I can try to do?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi Davide, can you please make a screenshot of the issue?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for answering!

The version is 6.0.20617.0

Here is a screenshot.
The upper part displays correct information (subject, sender, recipients, attachments, etc…).
The lower part comes from a completely different email: different sender, different subject, different recipients…

I have another installation of eM Client on my desktop pc and it works flawlessly.
Yesterday I’ve tried the following: I copied data of the desktop installation over to my laptop one. The result is that yesterday it seemed to work while today I still have the same problem again.

I hope this can help you to better understand what’s going on!

Thank you
Davide

Hi again, thank you for the screenshot, however I can not see much information from the screenshot, I understand this is due to privacy concerns, do you think you could send me the message exported to .eml message and send it as an attachment to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

I’ve spent this morning working with Gmail in my browser, and now it seems like eM client is behaving correctly.
I’ll keep it under control and as soon as I find a wrong email again I will forward it to you.

Thank you for your help so far!

Ok Davide, thank you for the update, let us know if you come across this or any other issue or question regarding eM Client, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

I still have the same problem. :frowning:
I’ve just sent you an email, please, let me know your thoughts about it!

Kind regards
Davide

Hi again Davide,
can you please comment on the issue related to the screenshot I’ve received? I’m not completely sure what I should be seeing in the picture.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

What I wanted you to see in the screenshot is that eM Client displays completely different (wrong) senders and subject for many emails I receive.

On Gmail everything is correct while in eM Client everything is wrong (if you compare senders and subjects in the screenshot I sent you, you can see they are indeed different).
They are exactly the same emails, in the same order, BUT in eM Client I see completely different information!!

I don’t know if I’ve been able to explain myself…
Let me make you another example:

BROWSING THE GMAIL SITE

• I open the email A and see it has been written by JOHN and the subject is “Mike’s wedding”
  • I open the email B and see it has been written by MIKE and the subject is “Tomorrow meeting”

EM CLIENT

• I open the email A and see it has been written by MIKE (wrong sender) and the subject is “Tomorrow meeting” (wrong subject); even the content of the email is taken from another email
  • I open the email B and see it has been written by JOHN (wrong sender) and the subject is “Mike’s wedding” (wrong subject); even the content of the email is taken from another email

To sum up: eM Client “scrambles” senders, subjects and contents taken from different emails… it’s completely messing up the information it displays on screen!

Please, let me know if it’s clearer now… I hope this can help! :slight_smile:

Best regards and thank you for your help!
Davide

Hi Davide, I understand what you’re trying to say, I understood it before, but I can’t see an example on the screenshot you’ve sent me.
For example the email you’ve sent me is not on the screenshot, in eM Client and I can match it’s subject with what I see on gmail from your screenshot, so can not confirm this issue.

Please send me a more detailed screenshot or go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Repair your mailbox (Right click the mail folder, e.g. the one from the screenshot, and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button).
    If the issue persists, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

I’ve just sent you an email with a few updates.
I had the same problem this morning but repairing the folder that contained wrong emails seemed to fix everything.
I’ve sent you my system’s log files.

I hope this can help!

Thank you
Davide

Hi again, thank you for the received files, I’ve submitted the received data to the developers and I’m currently waiting for a response, I’ll keep you notified if they come up with a possible solution or an update for this issue.
For this moment I’m happy it works, please let us know if you come across this or any other issues with the application.

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your help so far!
In the meantime, I still have the problem on my laptop but “repairing” the folder always seems to fix it. At least, when it happens, I have a way to temporarily solve it.

Please, keep me updated if there’s any news or if you need any more information.

Best
Davide

Hi again Davide, does the issue keep reappearing on your laptop, even after using the repair button?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, it does (unfortunately).

Davide

Can you please enable the IMAP logging as I previously suggested, save the settings, repair the mail folder and when the issue reappears send me the logs from this account and computer?

Just to get things straight the issue is no longer visible on your other computer (just your laptop), are you using the same email account on those computers? Are you using the same version of eM Client on both computers?

Thank you,
Paul.

Today I worked from home, using my desktop computer and I can tell you I have the same problem here too.
Both my eM Client installations behave the same way! I’m using exactly the same accounts on both and all settings are the same.

My versions are:
Laptop: 6.0.20648.0
Desktop: 6.0.20617.0

I’ll try to send you the logs when I have the opportunity.

Talk soon
Davide

Hi, please update your application to this, most recent release (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20899/setup.msi), and check if the issue still persists.
Turn on the logging and if the issue reoccurs, repair the mailbox folder and send me the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

I’m positive we can find a solution for this, thank you,
Paul.

Thank you for your help so far Paul, very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Installing the new version right now, I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks!
Davide

The problem persists, even with the last eM Client version.
I’ve just sent you an email!

Thanks
Davide