eM Client and Windows 11

After installing Windows 11 on my machine eM Client crashes continuously. I even tried to unistalll and reinstall, but to not avail. It looks like there are compatibilty issues that need to be addressed.

lunes 22 noviembre 2021 :: 0721hrs (UTC -01:00)

Hi @Ariele47

Just some question to start.

Was Windows 11 a clean install or upgrade from another Windows version?
What version of eMC do you use?

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sal Rei, Boa Vista en Cabo Verde!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

This probably has to do with the Windows 11 UI automation.

Can you give a list of apps and utilities that were running when eM Client crashed?

For as long as I can remember

• MediaMonkey
  • Zotero
  • Gingko Desktop
  • Word
  • Excel
  • Upnote

Hello, I am facing the same problem under Windows 11 (updated from Windows 10). Today it cashed (window closed and the system tray icon disappeared) after I did right click one account because I wanted to select “Properties”.
It is crashing every two days or so … just disappears.

br

I have seen on another eM Client Win 11 thread that a “clean install” of eM Client worked for one user with 21H2 (OS Build 22000.318), and also that setting eM Client shortcut to Win 8 Compatiability mode worked for alot of peeps.

See this thread. Windows 11 update - Crashing eM Client - eM Client

1 Like

I did the same, but to not avail.
Unfortunately the application crashes so many times during the day that I had to revert to Google Mail.
I hope the problem gets solved quickly.

lunes 29 noviembre 2021 :: 1843hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Ariele47

I had the same problem on my test/spare computer when upgraded from Win 10
What worked for me was an SSD reformat and a clean install of Win 11 followed by eMC
eMC continues to work OK so far as I add other Apps I normally run.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

so wired, I have Windows 11 into my personal (HP/Intel) and office (Lenovo/AMD) machine and it never crashed with eMC.Altogh It does falis all the time around Calendar and the whole reminder stuff but it never crashed for sure.

Cheers