eM Client 7 BETA launch

Also, can’t get rid of the Unread Mail bubble notification in v7; OK in v6, same accounts, different computer. Both running Windows 10 Pro.

Disastrous. Made a complete mess of my folders.  30000+ unread messages because I had to enable the Gmail-All folder. labels are intact but nothing is in the folder it was previously. Only way out appears to be to delete all email and start over. 

I wouldn’t do that! eMclient may not display properly the Gmail store. Look at your Gmail account using Chrome. It that canonical view is ok, then no need to panic. You may have to revert to v6.

Is this for macs as well?

Hello Kavish,
we are working on a mac version, but this BETA is still for Windows only.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Steven, 
Yes my only option is to revert to v6.  

Expect a very long wait; development progresses at a snails pace which is being generous.

I agree! Example… it has been 5+ weeks since the first “alpha/beta” version was released without an update. Having been a beta tester for many software products for which the “alpha/beta” updates are normally released on a much shorter interval schedule, I scratch my head trying to figure out eM’s process!

I have the same problem with scaling in eM Client 7b.

You can use CTRL-mouse Wheel to manually change the font size, however this will only work for mails that are opened on the right panel of Em Client.   If you double click and open the message in its own window then the font will be super small again which very annoying.

Itchy head as well…    they could fix at least the small bugs like the duplicated/triplicated mails issue,  font size persistence when opening a message and messages that cannot be deleted .

Or crank out that OSX client that another poster requested. That way there would be two broken clients instead of just one with a multi-year development cycle for each.

Yes - I am frustrated at the lack of progress and should probably stop posting as I’ve moved on to another client. Kinda sad as I really liked many aspect of eM Client and happily paid for the Pro version. Sigh.

But it does’nt work for tables and pictures

PDF attachments are messed up in Beta 7!
I have this very annoying situation and I checked my own webmail (Own domain) and they work ok there, so it must be an EMclient fault.

Should I re-install the client with a newer version, I am using 7.0.24927.0

Why is there still a message on top of the forum that they are releasing a Beta 7 today while it is dated more then a month ago?

So far it looks to be that emClient v7 is not only overdue since its first announcement somewhere in 2015 (or was it 2014?) but obviously there won’t be a launch in 2016 either when reading through all those bugs within old and new features.

Guess those users that really depend on a reliable email client should think twice about upgrading, including myself. I was very keen on v7 after reading all those teasers, but now I see what happens here.

Is that all what I’m supposed to get for a lifetime license?

Michael

I know that I don’t have the most complex email requirements but I do have a couple of thoughts.

One is that v7 is still a beta and that one should always be leery of depending on betas for necessary work.

One may question if enough bugs had been worked out before releasing the beta but there is no reason why one should not expect there not to be bugs. And there are certainly are bugs. I’ve reported some as have other people. And it is also true that not all of the bugs that I’ve reported have been fixed, although some have.

Another is that there have been one or more interim updates to the software that have not been widely announced. I don’t know why that is. And I have no idea what build is currently being downloaded for new installations of v7 although we were told awhile ago that that information would be made known somehow.

Finally, let me say that I’ve never seen any standard that says how long it should take for a piece of software to go from beta to final release. The beta was released for testing only a month or two ago. It’s not that long even if it is frustrating (which it is). There is no reason, however, not to go back to using v6 if that has been working for you until v7 is considered ready for final release. If when it is released in it’s final form, it is still doesn’t work for you or is still overly buggy then that is an entirely different problem.

eM doesn’t need me to make these points but it seems to me that someone should.

You would not feel compelled to make these comments if eM support was more responsive to their customer base. That does not mean ‘instant fixes’, but it does mean acknowledging user feedback/issues when posted and more robust communications on development progress.

@Michael:  have some bugs been fixed?  really?    If so, please let us know the URL where you downloaded the updated Beta, since we’re all eagerly looking for it. 

Michael,

one reason that I’ve not yet switched to this beta is because of those bugs and there are plenty of it.

Not only bugs that are hidden within new features but bugs within OLD features that used to have been working for a long time now.

I’ve installed v7 on a VM and tried to restore a v6 backup to get a reliable basis for testing. This failed for any reason nobody ever could explain although I’ve posted it (and others, too) somewhere. The answer is still outstanding.

OK, next try I gave emClient: I’ve setup v6 inside the VM, restored my v6 backup and tried to update to v7. This failed, too. Hence, I stopped testing because it does not make much sense to test if my current data with plenty of rules and many accounts are not available.

Regarding there is no standard when a software should be ready for releasing: Acknowledged, that’ true, nevertheless v7 was announce many months before and postponed for unknown reason. At a first glance it looked like it will never be coming at all.

After some teasers that were posted in the EMC blog and on Facebook, we got a first impression of what’s comming and what’s most important: what is NOT coming and that’s another point in the long history of v6 and the upcoming v7. I call it feature-freeness-releases.

The changes in the UI for example are minor, IMO. Of course there is a break but not a complete overhaul of the UI that is urgently neccessary for a long time now. The programmers gave us a small piece of cake to eat but retain the rest just to shut up. Period.  I’m still not seeing emClient using those new features that Windows 10 brought us. E.g. the new notifcation center, e-mail notifications on the lock screen or the start menu tiles and much more. Nothing! Hey guys Win10 has been release for a while now and many of the Win10 feature are already available in Win8(.1). Don’t oversleep it!

I really don’t care about features for GMail users to be honest. I don’t use GMail, Outlook and many of those hyped providers at all. But hey look at those bug reports yourself! Most of them affect GMail accounts. For this reason I’m not surprised why the programmers waste  most of their time for useless provider implementations instead of bringing emClient on a higher level and more features for power users. I also don’t know if Google and Microsoft are the cause of those never-ending bugs or if it’s just a sloppy framework emClient programmers use to connect to them - no one knows for sure.

I could continue the story but time is running up now…

Fair enough for all comments on my comment.

For what it is worth, whatever bugs or problems I’ve encountered I’ve emailed to eM’s support as they had originally suggested: [email protected]  I have always gotten a response.