eM Client 6 BETA released

We are proud to announce eM Client 6 BETA!

Help us with testing. To be safe, please
backup your data before installing the beta version.

You can download it here:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.191…

Main new features:

• Microsoft Exchange support (Exchange Web Services)
  • Full Touch support
  • Support for shared calendars on Outlook.com (former Hotmail or Live)
  • Deduplicator tool
  • Reworked calendar allows displaying more events than before
  • Subject editing
  • Customizable reply and forward headers
  • Spell checker in chat, subject and other fields
  • Customizable shortcuts
  • Improved GMail and Google apps integration

IMAP support is still crap ! And where are the IMAP folder subscription ??

Was the gmail global address book feature added to version 6?
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Yes, for Google Apps accounts.

Would that include Google Business Apps - Directory and Groups?
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Hi Fil.

Just interested about this. I moved onto emClient because the IMAP support is better than anything else I could find on Windows, and unfortunately my principal OS has to be Windows due to my customers. (I came from The Bat that has IMAP folder subscriptions but the IMAP connection is really unstable).

What IMAP features do you require beyond IMAP folder subscriptions?

Regards.

Well done! I see that 2 of my 3 complaints have been fixed:

1. Contact nnames containing national characters in the To and CC fields are now searchable.
  2. The Subject field of received messages from an Outlook.com IMAP account may now contain national characters, and they are correctly displayed.
  3. But I still miss the possibility to force new contacts to go to the My Contacts folder to ensure that they are available to other devices hooked up to the same Gmail account. I had the impression that the plan was to fix it?
    BR
    Lars

First impression:-

The Category handling seems improved HOWEVER events are still only shortened to fit in the box and overwrite the category colour block if there.

I can now select not to include the original message text when replying which is great.

However, still no easy way (eg colour) to indicate which account you are sending a mail from. Without this I am prone to send some from the wrong account in error.

I still have strange names (different from those within Google Calendar) for other peoples Google calendars that I have imported, and renaming immediately reverts to this name. The name is usually their email address (5 out of 9) or their full name, and none are just their Christian name which is what I would like.

So some of the improvements I had hoped for delivered and nothing that I have found so far makes it worse, so moving in the right direction but not quite there yet.

The old start up problem with the GUI is back.
On launch the interface starts out as ‘vertical blocks’ of GUI with desktop showing through in vertical strips.

Seems to be a good Beta though
David

For some reason I was on 5 and my license worked fine. Now I have issues with my license.

Hi,
do you use free or paid license?

Paid. Can I send you an email with my license information?

Better than anything else while it is even not supporting a basic function like folder subscription ?

Have you tried Thunderbird ?? Even Outlook does a better job regarding IMAP than eM Client …

To be more specific eM Client seem to be have a very poor support of complex encoding in IMAP headers.

For instance my mailbox open withou any problems in every single clients I have tried desktop or web: Thunderbird, outlook 2010, outook 2013, Apple Mail, iOS Mail, and Roundcube.
And fails with eM Client …

The most amusing here is that eM Client “support” blame the server …

I can confirm the graphical glitches at startup that DavidC mentioned. Windows 8.1, amd 6950.

Cant use this, he thinks my licence isnt ok, and i should by a emclient 5 licence again :frowning:

That is a lie, Outlook and IMAP is a horror scenario o.O emclient works finde with IMAP.

How dare you call a liar sashimi ?

Glad it works “finde” for you but not for me.

Outlook is not ideal but at least it has IMAP subscriptions and doesn’t choke on my mailbox while eM Client fails miserably …

I thought that message threading was going to be implemented in version 6. Did this feature make it? If so, how do I enable it?

Regards.

EDIT: Oh dear, just found the answer in a different forum thread. Pushed back to version 7.

When I add an exchange account and open the program I get

eM Client (6.0.19106.0)  
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, Framework: 2.0.50727.5472  
The following error has occurred:  
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.  
 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GetFolderPath(Folder[] folders, Folder folder)  
 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass5.b\_\_1(CompletionEventArgs completionEventArgs)  
 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.RequestIssuer.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass5.b\_\_0(Object sender, CompletionEventArgs e)  
 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Complete()  
 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)  
 at MailClient.Commands.SynchronizationQueue.ThreadWorker(Object threadData)  
 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart\_Context(Object state)  
 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)  
 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)  

`

`

Is exchange support not in the free version? I installed the beta, and tried to setup my exchange work email, but I did not see an option for exchange anywhere in the setup screen (wasn’t one of the “template” options, and “other” only gave me a choice between pop and imap). The changelog says its got exchange EWS support…

I also tried the “automatic” setup which just gave me a password error even though I was using the right password. If there is exchange support there needs to be a way to manually set it up, because I usually can’t setup my work email via EWS without tweaking some settings or else it doesn’t work (I have it set up and working in apple mail on my mac via EWS, but had to change some settings to get it to work, the EWS auto-discovery doesn’t work with my work’s exchange setup)