eM Client 6.0 Release Candidate available

thank you for your update.

Jan

we know about this, but we have to focus on more important bug fixes at this moment.

Having an issue with calendar events (latest RC). Enter a new event via Google Calendar or on my iPhone - the event displays properly in my calendar view (monthly). But, if I edit the event, the details show UTC as the timezone and the start / end time are changed. I can correct the timezone and the start / end times, save, Now the date / time is way off in Google and on other devices.

True! A bit odd for me, but certainly acceptable :slight_smile: Thanks for explaining this!

OK, the 2nd RC release seems to correct this bug. Now it all works!

Seems fixed here as well

Same Problem, I guess there ́s a sync error from em client to google and otherwise

@John: I sent you an email with screenshots and explanations

Another issue: for one of my IMAP email accounts, EM Client keeps asking for my password again and again, although the password is correct (it syncs correctly after clicking OK). This error message appears every 10 minutes, so whenever it tries to sync with the server.
Using the same settings (IMAP SSL/TLS port 993, SMTP SSL/TLS port 587) in Outlook 2013 and in K9(Android), it works fine. I created a log, could you take a look what is causing the problem?
Thanks,
Ruediger
P.S. I send the log file to [email protected]. Thanks!

This is the same problem I reported in the original Beta for 6.

I’m on 6.0.19681.0 now, and I just verified that this same problem exists for me too.

I honestly stopped entering and editing events in eM Client, because even when the calendar is working as it was designed, time entry is so annoyingly bass-ackwards that it’s so much easier for me to add or edit an entry using my phone than it is with eM Client.

I only use eM Client’s calendar to VIEW events – never to add or edit them.

Editing tables in eM Clients HTML editor has not been easy before V6. Now the lines give us an idea where to drag with the mouse.
However one needs to see the result. Having a show/hide supporting table lines (not hiding lines with visible colour) would be a solution for both kind of users.

Just to comment, the free “DavMail” app seems to work with all Exchange versions, 2007-present. It serves as an interface that communicates with Exchange and then acts as a “Local Host” providing the data to eM Client or Thunderbird or other mail program. A bit cumbersome to set up and not perfect in every way, but it is certainly acceptable for daily use.

Same here - with the latest update. Sometimes syncs
Gmail, Exchange, etc

I just had a situation where emClient froze and locked up. Had to kill it. Still having problems with messages not being downloaded. It’s a bit frustrating. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the same problem. It takes some time that there is movement comes in the mail. When I click on an email it takes a while I can read the mail.

Freddy: If you are using IMAP and have slow connection then it downloads those emails when you click on them, that might cause your delay.

Rob: use this tool when eM Client will freeze http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… and send me files it will create to [email protected] with this topic’s url and description of your issue.

this could be caused by IE security settings, can you try lowering them or better try that and update your IE to latest version?

for me copy anything from email works… from where exactly you can’t copy any information you need?

Jan

I’m using only POP, eM client retrieves the mail within. Before I installed the RC there was no problem. And delete mail also takes some time

I never use IE anyway. I use Chrome. will chrome access at the same IE security settings? Where can I find these settings

I can not copy from the Reading Pane or from an open email. As an example the tracking number of DHL or text or numbers. It seems there is nothing in the clipping board

Hi Jan, you wrote in another thread that you received my Email with the IMAP log. Did you find the reason for this strange behaviour of EM Client?