eM Client 5 Release Candidate #2

Hotmail/Outlook.com syncing is working now. With the exception of the “Sent” folder. I can see email on eM Client that was sent from my iPhone, but I can’t see email on my iPhone that was sent by eM Client. And I don’t see any options to sync the “sent” folder with the server.

what options do i need? how about the same options from the last version?

specifically, i dont like that when the sidebar is clicked, it is maximized and closes all the other sidebars. the way it worked in the previous version (4) was far more intuitive.

removing options is so fail. adding better options is the direction to go. im truly dissapointed.

Who ever told you that the Contacts sidebar was underutilised? For me, it’s one of the top three main reasons for using eMClient - it’s extremely useful, since it shows all previous contacts from the same address, and saves having to re-sort by sender if I want to find previous emails from a person.

If that feature has been dropped, then I certainly will not be updating to v5. Period.

Libor:

Please see my comment further up the thread about the contacts sidebar. I’m sure I’m not the only person who finds this feature incredibly useful and, as I said in the other post, if it’s not included in v5, then I won’t be updating, regardless of any extra features that may be in it.

I have all messages readed, but next to Inbox are still three points like (…) …BUG?

My Hotmail/Outlook.com account is not shown up! I can add the account in the settings-section, but it always disapear at the folders panel on the left side.

if I add an gmail account it works without any problems. I’ve made a full new install with removing the em Client, but this problem does still occur.

anyone can confirm this matter?

@Libor Grafnetr

You asked me to let you know when my Norwegian translation was completed.
Now it is… (Updated to version 5, RC2.)

At first sight, it definitely looks good enough for daily use, but so far it is only quality controlled by myself. (One of my clients will be testing it soon.)

Best regards,
erolha

if you’re using IMAP, i believe this means that there are messages on the server that havent been downloaded yet… i asked about this before and 5.0 was supposed to fix this:

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

but instead of fixing things, they seem to have chosen to remove older options to “streamline” what was once a good client.

Using the RC2 in Swedish, On some places the language is in italian. In the License window for example.

When i export settings and then use import this file - import show error. BUG

The (…) disappeared when i delete any email in inbox.

One more minor problem: eM remembers the mail folder view (open and collapsed folders) very well, except that it never keeps the Search Folders expanded after restarting.

Hi,

Looks like there is missing some things when you eg. use the task part and email. Would be good to have some buttons to make a task or appointment out of an email You can do that by right click but button would be better or a shortcut. The buttons cannot get customized in eM client eg. to add or remove buttons…
Can also see when I try to PASTE content there is not option or button to paste content as TEXT only. I does paste but incl. all formatting.

Hello,
thanks for the feedback.

1. I have added the ‘add contact’ for addresses in email body to our feature request list

2. I understand - we should improve the agenda icon for events. Added to feature request list.

3. The signature issue - we can’t reproduce this. Please send us an email with such signature.

4. When trying to reproduce there is always a blank line above the signature. Again, perhaps an email with your signature will help us.

5. Please create GData logs (Tools->Accounts->select the account->Diagnostics->check GData) and send them along with the names of the problematic events.

6. Rules - this is currently by design.

7. Long copy - when this happens and you are waiting longer than expected, please run the following tool: www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and send us the resulting logs. They will reveal what the application is doing at the moment.

8. Where do you see the outdated avatar? In the mail header when reading an email from yourself?

9. Please send us folder.dat file.

Thanks again!

Libor

This is resolved - thanks for reporting!

This is resolved - thanks for reporting!

There are buttons for task & appointment in the separate mail window (opened by double clicking an email) - so maybe that helps.

You can paste text in plain text through Edit->Paste as Text or Ctrl+Shift+V.

Thanks!

I meant buttons in the main window before even opening such mails to, eg to select an email in the list and then to make quickly a task or event out if it.

This regarding pasting as text only. I mean a quick way when you eg. are in new email and want by button to paste AS TEXT only or by right click to PAST as text only instead of that I have to go all the way up into EDIT menu or without that I have to remember Ctrl+Shift+V

“what happened to the contacts list on the right?!?” Count me as another disappointed v5 user.

For me also the contact list on the right was useful :frowning: