Doesn't load.

For all the others. I found a solution that workt for me.

Ref.: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Could some one from emClient please get in contact with me!

Thanks Gabriel. It works so far. Even with widgets turned on. See my last post. If I find more problems I will let you know.

Same problem here. No error it just won’t start (does nothing) unless you go to task manager and kill the process MailClient.exe.

So here we are in the New Year, 2012, but a permanent fix for this problem has not yet been released. When I was using your “free” license, I didn’t mind having to put up with the occasional software bug. But now that I have the “paid” version, I would like to have software that works properly.

When do you expect to release a version that automatically closes “MailClient.exe*32” so that the program restarts properly without us having to use taskmanager to force it?

smkcpa a minute ago
So here we are in the New Year, 2012, but a permanent fix for this problem has not yet been released. When I was using your “free” license, I didn’t mind having to put up with the occasional software bug. But now that I have the “paid” version, I would like to have software that works properly.

When do you expect to release a version that automatically closes “MailClient.exe*32” so that the program restarts properly without us having to use taskmanager to force it?

You probably don’t need to reboot if you have more than one user set up just logging off and then back on should do it.

Shouldn’t the program just be fixed to work properly so we don’t have to keep playing these games in order to use it?

Hello,
we have been working on this issue and found its cause. Can you please try the following version and let us know if this fixes the issue on your machine:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.5.128…

Thank you.

Best Regards,

I have installed this latest version on all 3 computers. It has finally fixed the problem. I can close and reopen eMClient without it getting hung up.

Thank you for resolving this pesky issue.

I have installed this latest version on all 3 computers. It has finally fixed the problem. I can close and reopen eMClient without it getting hung up.

Thank you for resolving this pesky issue.

http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.5.128…

Seems to have fixed it for me. Thanks.

I have the same problems with Application Error

this is error message:

eM Client (4.0.15145.0)
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, Framework: 2.0.50727.3634
The following error has occurred:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at MailClient.ExceptionUtils.ExceptionUtils.Filter(BodyDelegate body, FilterDelegate filter, Action`1 handler)
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

HELP !

Hello,
please see this topic: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

you need to reinstall .NET framework. If it will not help, please let me know.

Does not help,
Might be a problem in .NET version.
I am on 4.0, not 2.0.
The same is with some Tunderbird add-ons that I can not instal because of 4.0.

Yes, that is the reason. Please install . NET 3.5 - it should help.

version: 5.0.17595
Windows 7 sp1 x64 freshly installed on SSD where everything is very fast (except em-client of course)

For me…it will load eventually, but if it’s been a while since I’ve opened it (a day or so) then it’s very, very slow to load. For me…it’s not that it stays in task-manager, although I still see that occasionally, it’s just that it has a very hard time loading.

I used process monitor to capture what was going on during the 30 seconds while it was trying to load. I have a Gmail account setup with it, and during the 30 second delay there were tons of events communicating with google IMAP of course, but they looked strange…as if GMail did not like the request sent by em-Client. This went back and forth until it looked like em-Client and Gmail agreed on the communication.

By the way, I did get a laugh out of em-Client recently offering me a discount on the paid version. No way I’m buying this until bugs with these very basic things (like loading the app and shutting down the app) are fixed.

I definitely don’t mean this harsh, but this program has lots of little small problems that to me, make it feel like version 1.5 or maybe 2.0.

Please run the tool available from http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… after you run eM Client and it loads slowly. It should generate a log file (starting with “eM Client Stack” in your Documents folder) that will help us analyze the problem in more detail. Please send this file to us. Thanks.

@George: Where do you list the email address to use for sending support files (dumps)? I don’t see it at the top of this page anywhere, nor on the company’s website. Do I need to crawl through messages in forum posts to find a few support addresses?

You can send it to [email protected] or directly to me at [email protected]

I delete my post, because I’ve found an other application, which didn’t work.
Restarted Windows, and it works fine.