Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online

How are people dealing with this? I use EWS to read email from my organisation and they have removed basic auth.

Move to MS Graph I suspect?

Version 8 user

You go to Menu > Accounts and remove the account that was setup with username/password (Basic Authentication).

Then you add it back again by clicking on Add Account and entering the email address in the Automatic Setup. That will setup the account with oAuth (Modern Authentication).

This doesn’t work for me. When I add a new account, I never get a pop-up for authentication. It seems to connect automatically to my account, but in reality there are no folders, no anything. I can’t send or receive email. It is just blank. What should be happening is that an institutional pop-up comes up that I log into and then got through the 2fa process, but this never happens.

Is there no way to manually set up oAuth2 for office 365/exchange?

It may have to do with your web browser.

Set another browser as default in your Windows OS settings, then try add the account again in eM Client.

Tried setting default browser to three different browsers one at a time (Edge, Firefox, Chrome). Same thing for all of them. No authentication pop-up. Each time is seems to go through, an account is created (looks like it is using “identity credentials”, but the account is empty and can’t do anything. Would love a way to force oAuth2.