Deleted mail on Phone still in Inbox

I have been using emClient for years now (the free version) and never had an issue until a couple months ago. I also have my email on my phone, and use IMAP so that my phone and computer clients reflect each other. However, a couple months ago I started noticing that emails deleted on my phone were still in my inbox on emClient. I checked them directly in gmail and they were in fact flagged as having been deleted, yet emClient would never removed them from my inbox until I deleted them there manually also. I get too many emails to have to delete them multiple times and keep track of what I’ve deleted where, so I went looking for a different email client, but couldn’t find one I was happy with. I came back to emClient and things were great for 2 weeks, and now it’s happening again. It’s important to note that the emails in the inbox that have been deleted also now have the ‘tracker’ icon next to them. I just looked up what that meant, and that doesn’t make sense to me either. I don’t understand what is going on here, can anyone help? Thanks!

A couple months ago I started noticing that emails deleted on my phone were still in my inbox on emClient. I checked them directly in gmail and they were in fact flagged as having been deleted, yet emClient would never removed them from my inbox until I deleted them there manually also

If your Gmail IMAP account in eM Client is not synching / updating from the server end, the could be it’s either “needs repairing”, or “needs removing and re-adding the account”, or "some program is interfering or blocking eM Client.

So first try repairing eM Client. Right click on “All Mail” folder under your Gmail account and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” tab at the top and lastly click “Repair”. This can take a little time to do as it clears the local cache in eM Client & has to re-read your email. So be patient when doing repairing.

If repairing Gmail doesn’t work, then try removing and re-adding your IMAP account. To do that, go to “Menu / Accounts” and highlight your Gmail account on the left and click remove / delete along the top. Then add your Gmail account via the automatic email wizard at the top.

Lastly if removing and re-adding your Gmail account makes no difference, then could be you might have a program locally installed interfering or blocking eM Client. So if you have any eg: optional Antivirus programs, optional Firewall / Security programs or VPNs etc, try completely disabling those to test.

It’s important to note that the emails in the inbox that have been deleted also now have the ‘tracker’ icon next to them. I just looked up what that meant, and that doesn’t make sense to me either.

The tracker icon you are referring to might be the new eM Client "Tracking “Pixel” icon. See the below thread for what it does and the difference between the free and pro versions.

If it’s not the Tracking Pixel icon you are referring to, could you do a screenshot of it and paste it in this thread. Blank out anything personal.

Thanks for this. I tried the repair and it didn’t fix the issue, so I have just deleted and re-added the account. It’s looking good for now, so will see how it goes in the next couple of days. I don’t really have anything running on my computer that I know of that would block emClient, so hopefully resetting things will work! And yes the tracking is that new symbol, it was just odd that it was only showing up on the emails I had deleted from my phone that were still in the emClient inbox. I’ll post back when I know more. Thanks for all this info!

1 Like

Well unfortunately it’s still happening. I really don’t know what could be causing it - when I do ‘repair’ on the inbox, it fixes it right away, but it’s kind of annoying to have to do that on a regular basis. I have nothing else running aside from the security that Windows provides, so I’m not sure where I would look for anything else to interfere. I’m open to any other ideas, but either way, thanks for trying to help!

This issue has been addressed in version 9.2 which will be released hopefully sometime next month.

2 Likes