Default Calendar Reminder

Yup. I am seeing this same issue with 2 of my Google Calendars. I can set it so that it is for No Reminder, but within a day it reverts back to At Start. It took me while to figure out why I would get reminders popping up on my iPhone for events.

• Merg

At the moment i solved coming back to 5.02 version
in this days i will try step by step update to find a 6.0x version without issue
but other something going to wrong on emclient no reminder for new events , but on my phone every task created whith his calendar have a default reminder set, when in settings isn’t. Mathybe is google that was changed something and with 6.0x the issue appear on windows , with 5.0 in phone calendar
:( 

I don’t think I can revert back to v5 as I need the Exchange Web Services that was included in v6. I’ll just be careful to make sure that I reset that setting on new events to those calendars when I create them. I have not had a reminder revert back to At Start for an event after I changed it. It would just be nice if the default reminder status was No Reminder for events on that calendar.

• Merg

yes , it’s happen when i create a new event only, i’am going to try other 6.x versions to find one not affected. Before format my pc, with some 6.0xxx version all was right.
when the exact release founded , i’ll post here.

However, even if we are in 21st,  it’s hard find calendars on different  platform and have  events  well synced on on all devices, with category colors, timezone and same way to use.

Please, please, please fix this issue. It is getting annoying to get Reminder pop-ups on all my devices and computers for events that I create with these two calendars. :slight_smile:

• Merg

Hi, what mail service are you having issues with this at the moment?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

My calendars are syncing with Google/GMail. The issue is just with two calendars in my account. I will set the default reminder to be No Reminder and at some point later, it will revert to At Start. This issue only started after I was using eM Client. I am currently using eM Client v6.0.20320.0. I see there is an update to v6.0.20489.0, so I’m downloading that now.

• Merg

Well, I had changed the default reminder to be No Reminder and then installed the updated version of eM Client. After installing, I checked the reminder setting for the calendar and it was back to At Start. :frowning:

• Merg

Hi again, can you please check if event created while the default reminder is set to “No Reminder” are set to “No Reminder”?
Does the default reminder switch from “No Reminder” to “At Start” with every restart of the application or does it switch to “At Start” even while the application is running?

Does the same issue occur if you set the default reminder to something else except “No Reminder” and “At Start”?

Thank you,
Paul.

Actually i solved with  downgrading to 5.0 
next will try versione by version to find a 6.x without this issue

I don’t even need to exit and restart the app. After about a minute or so, if I check the Calendar properties it will have reverted back to At Start. In this case, I had created a test event after changing it to No Reminder and then a minute later it had reverted. Tried it again and no it is holding with No Reminder, however, after a restart of the app, it was back to At Start.

• Merg

I set it to have a reminder to 5 minutes. That seems to hold after a restart of the app.

• Merg

Well, here’s something interesting. I removed the 5 minute reminder from up in GMail for that calendar, yet eM Client is still showing the reminder as being 5 minutes. I then created an event in GMail and checked that it had no reminder. I synced with eM Client and when viewing the event on eM Client, it now had a reminder for 5 minutes. The event in GMail still has no reminder though.

• Merg

I then created an event in eM Client and it shows as having a reminder for 5 minutes. I synced with GMail and when checking the event at GMail, the event does NOT have a reminder set.

• Merg

I’m not sure if you already didn’t sent me these, but can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for your gmail account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue (any scenario will do, if you’ll be able to replicate the issue with the event, even better).
    After the issue occurs, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Sent.

• Merg

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Merg

Hi again, I’ve received your logs and I’ve forwarded the issue to the developers, but I’m currently waiting for a response, I’ll let you know once I have more information.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, can you try to download and install this version, it should fix the issue you’ve been having with the default calendar reminders, (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20522/setup.msi) let me know if it helped.

Thank you,
Paul.

Well, it seems to be working correctly now. I did my quick test of setting the calendar to No Reminder and then exiting and restarting eM Client. Previously, it would revert back to At Start, but it now seems to be holding at No Reminder.

Thanks,
Merg