Custom rules on button press

I’m currently evaluating emClient as an alternative to Outlook for our company. On first sight, most things work fine. But I’m struggling to replicate one feature.
I would like to create custom buttons (or shortcuts) to execute defined rules for a selected email, like for example answer mail with text bla, mark as read, add flag and move to folder foo.

Is this possible in any way?

We don’t offer custom buttons for this purpose.

However, you can create a Rule to mark as read, flag and move to folder automatically.

Please see the Documentation (F1) which describes this. Here directly.

1 Like

I fear this isn’t enough. While I can create rules which do multiple actions, these rules are only triggered on limited events (like incoming mail). In my case I have to read a mail and it’s attachments to individually decide which rules to apply. I can’t automate it solely depending on the mails content.

As I said, we don’t offer custom buttons for this purpose.

I understand, but I was hoping for some “workaround” I didn’t thing of or other smarter minds came up with.

Is there any chance of this feature being implemented in upcoming versions? Can I create/upvote an issue, or whatever it may be called, anywhere to promote it?

@bretschi

In my case I have to read a mail and it’s attachments to individually decide which rules to apply.

Most mailers rules or filters setup do only work or are triggered off the inbox automatically when they arrive as @Gary advised above as does eM Client. Same goes for online webmail rules & filters like Gmail.com & Outlook.com inboxes etc.

However you can allways manually run rules in eM Client if you prefer by right clicking. See the following thread for info on how to do that.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/rules-not-applying-manually/76446