Custom eM Client Themes

George Merlocco
Thank you for ‘Dark Frost’. It is ideal for the color blind like me.

Regarding contrast (which is the main problem of most of the available themes: try to identify the selected eMail in the list when you don’t sit in a dark office and it is a bright day) most standard themes are not usable — if you are not compatible with screamin design like Bordeaux or Pink.

Dark Frost has a good approach but the mouse-over-colors on menus are insulting my eyes.  Dark Book has the same problem olus you need to like brown/yellowish colors.

I count on eM Client’s promise: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/more-designs

A decent but well composed theme is still missing.

-Frank

New user (trying to get away from Thunderbird), and looking for a simple Black and White theme.  White text against a black background.  I’ve tried just about all of them on this page, but either the menus are not white or something along those lines.  Did I miss a theme anyone is aware of? 

I am not against trying my own hand at creating a theme that works for me, but have not found a tutorial and I am most definitely NOT a programmer. 

Any help appreciated…

I would like to use this possibly, but I keep getting this error…

I have been using eM Client for a few years now but never ever liked the appearance. But this theme is really nice and easy on the eyes. Thanks a lot for developing it!
Herman

Hi Michael,
unfortunately there is no B&W theme for the current version 6 and the current UI doesn’t really make it possible to make a perfect one on your own.
We realized this was an issue and the upcoming version 7 will have a whole new UI and a dark theme with white fonts available, as you can see on our blog - http://www.emclient.com/blog/new-them…
Sorry for the inconvenience until then.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you!  Is there an ETA for v7?  Soon?

Wow, I am excited for that new version 7 with the integrated dark theme! I can’t wait to try it. I hope it is as good or better than gmail so that we can stop using gmail for good!

Hi,
I can’t disclose any time estimates for version 7 yet, but all new information will be shared on our blog (www.emclient.com/blog) and facebook (www.fb.com/emclient).

Regards,
Olivia

I couldn’t find a light grey variant of the modern theme, so I made my own.

You can grab it here: http://1drv.ms/1QyZXox

Nice theme. A little light for my tastes but very well done.  Would you be interested in making a Dark Gray or even Black version?  I tried (and failed) and have been looking for something along these lines.  At least until v7 gets released - if it ever gets released.  Thanks…

Thanks. I can give it a shot in spare moment. I think there isn’t a way to adjust the main menu fonts, so pure black is not likely, but I’ll see what I can do about dark grey.

I think what Matthias posted ( Dark Modern Theme couple posts back) is the darkest we can reasonably go. His theme is a bit broken for me, so I guess there were some updates that changed the visuals since then.

Thanks.  I have not been able to get the Dark Modern theme to work.  I poosted a screen shot of the error message I still continue to receive.  Not sure if there is a revision somewhere that would solve the issue, but I have not figured it out.

DOH!  Never mind.  I am not familiar with Github, and how they work their downloads.  I just now noticed, and I don’t know how I missed it for the past months, the zip file download button.  That did the trick.

Does it work OK for you? I have some parts that are not colored correctly with that theme.

A while ago people were asking if there was a theme editor. I have made a very crude one using Visual Basic which allows you to see the individual theme items and the colour they currently are, and change them using a colour picker. Unfortunately it’s only one step up from editing the XML directly - you still have to interpret the purpose of each item. What would be much better would be for eMClient to include one that allowed point-and-click, but I guess that may never happen. If anyone is interested, I’ll find somewhere to host it for download.

Screenshot.

It allows you to pick a colour for an item, or set it to one of the special values - Transparent, Buttonface etc. or to set it from another item, so you can have consistent colours. To see changes, you just save the file to the themes folder, go back into eMClient and re-select it from the list.

Oh, and you can’t change the menu font colour because it’s linked to the Windows theme - been there … :slight_smile:

Nick

That a very cool idea - I would love to try it out and see what happens.  I am not a programmer and know XML not at all, so something like this would make things much easier.

I’ve made it available at http://1drv.ms/20ec651

It’s not polished, and while I will try to fix any bugs, it’s unsupported. It makes backups of the theme files before editing, so you shouldn’t screw anything up in a way you can’t retrieve.

Nick

I d/l’d it and have kind of run it in a test, but I will need more time to dive into than I have today.  Thanks for making this!

Classic  release 7  with blue and underlines 

Ok  how do I upload it to your site ???