Connecting to google failed [XMPP]

I use gmail and get this error-window:

Google: Connecting to google failed
[XMPP] An attempt to connect google failed. This could be caused by temporaary server unvailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

An error occured

Does this just happen or all the time?

If you’re not using Google Talk, disable the chat service of your Google Account, via the menu -> Tools -> Accounts -> ‘your Google account’ -> Chat -> untick ‘Enable Service’.

happens to me all the time and disabling it is not an option.

10:04:36 PM Gmail [XMPP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
10:04:36 PM (Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)

Are you using any firewall or anti-virus? If so, try to create an exception for eM Client and let me know if it helps.

My firewall is currently turned off but I’m getting the below error messages with respect to Google Talk in eM Client v5.0.18025.0. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Host: talk.google.com
Port: 5223
Domain: talk.google.com

Use Identity Credentials: Yes
Use Legacy SSL: Yes

Enable Service: Yes

Error messages:
10:38:35 AM (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.130.125:5223)

XMPP: S: Set the ‘to’ attribute of stream element to the domain part of the user’s JID. Example: to=‘gmail.com’.
XMPP: C:
XMPP: S:
XMPP: S: X-OAUTH2X-GOOGLE-TOKENSet the ‘to’ attribute of stream element to the domain part of the user’s JID. Example: to=‘gmail.com’.
XMPP: C:

Hi,
is the problem still actual? Are you using any anti-virus?

Yes. I just have Microsoft Security Essentials but GTalk still doesn’t work even when MSSE is disabled.

Then send me the full XMPP log please. Thank you.
[email protected]

Hei,

I’m having the same problem only when enabling google talk service.

How can I solve it?

It seems to be an intermittent Gmail error and unfortunately, we cannot provide you any workaround at the moment.

I have the same problem. But it is a problem only under Windows 8.1 If I plug back the HDD with Windows 7 installed, I do not see the XMPP error message.
I’ve tried to add emClient to the Windows 8.1 firewall, but it does not help.
emClient version 5.0.18025.0 Windows 8.1 Preview.

Strange, please send us your XMPP logs capturing this error - it will help us to find the cause of the issue.

I’ve put the log to my skydrive folder.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid…

Thank you - unfortunately, the log does not contain any relevant information. Are you sure you have enabled XMPP logging and that the error message appeared during the logging?

Yes, I’ve checked everything, exited from emclient, started it again, the error message appeared. Then I exited again, and copied the log file to my skydrive.

Same issue here. Using Windows 8 with firewall turned off. When I diagnose and fix the problem, it fixes it, sends me an email, and I still have 6 messages in my outbox that will not send.

Hello,

I am really sorry to write this but we have no way how to resolve this issue, Google’s xmpp server just keeps disconnecting from clients.

We have written this to Google many times but no resolve so far…

regards
Jan

I am having a similar problem, and it is very frustrating since I won’t be able to use this as my main email client. The point of using this, is so that I don’t have to login to gmail, and use this permanently, but if I am not getting my mails for hours because gmail disconnects from emclient, then it would be difficult to migrate.

Besides, performance of the emclient is also slower that the gmail webservice itself…

Hello,

I understand your concerns and choice, but unfortunately I have no other information but my last post here from month ago…

regards
Jan

This issue is occurring for me. Has there been any progress to find a possible solution? Is this a possible case that connections using your software may be limited, or blacklisted somehow?