Connecting to google failed [XMPP]

Hi Scott, are you receiving any errors? Can you please make a screenshot of the error and post it here on the forum?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Log…MailExceptions.ConnectionException: (Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)

I have an exception in my firewall, and connection problem is intermittent.

eM Client: v6.0.20648.0

Something of interest I just thought of…I had this issue with another gmail account in EMC, but has not occurred since I disabled the G Talk service. I will attempt to do the same with this account.

Spoke too soon. Now received the same error for both accounts. Attached is a screenshot of the log.

Hi Scott, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Gdata logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs, can you please go back to the advanced settings window and click on the “send logs” button and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Will do.

12 months later, and the same problem: XMPP connection error
occures daily…  So frustrating!

Hello Ralf, I’m not aware of any issues with XMPP protocol, if you’re seeing any errors, please make a screenshot of the error or copy the content of the “Log” tab and submit more details about the error to us here on the forum.

Regards,

Hi, I have several strange issues here:

1. XMPP connection failure
  2. I am constantly asked to log into my gmail account 
    I’ll send you screenshots and protocols…

Hello Frank,
have you sent the screenshots yet? If you are still having problems and you haven’t gotten any reply yet, send the screenshots or copy the content of the “Log” tab here on the forum.

Best regards,
Olivia

Yep. That solved it.