Connecting to email (SMTP) failed.

The failure of eM Client to connect my out going SMTP server.

About 1 month ago, after many years of working perfectly, while I was in hospital, our Email stopped working.  A technician tried in vain to repair the eM Client.  On my return home, I managed to get the “receive” function working.  Is the problem due to a Telkomsa problem or has my passwords been hacked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Yours sincerely

Brian Merskey

Hello Brian,
could you please go to Tools>Accounts section and copy the server settings under the SMTP tab of your account for me?

Regards,
Olivia

I’m having the same problem.  It started today.  I receive most incoming emails but can’t send emails out.  I get an SMTP STARTTLS command failed.  Any ideas?

I If I use the “Diagnostics” button POP3 is OK and SMTP needs fixing.  It will fix but it does not resolve the problem.

I tried fixing again and I was told that an email server was detected but my credentials were rejected.  Fixing failed.

Having same issue as Rick Dominick above.  First failure on 8/30/2016, then seemed fixed for a brief while, then failed again and still not working today.

SMTP STARTTLS command failed. 

eM Client version 6.0.24928.0.  Win7Pro. 

Same problem here.  I can’t send any emails but receiving ok.  

I have just installed EM, I use 3 different emails for business, I can receive but none of them send, I have changed the ports, passwords are correct, no difference

I am having the same issue as the others and it started this week: SMTP STARTTLS command failed.
EM Client version 6.0.24928.0

I figured out a temporary fix but not sure how good an idea it is. . 
Go to Tools and Accounts. SMTP tab. Change the security policy to: Don’t use secure connection.  After that change I could send email.  If Anybody finds a another solution, let me know.

Go to Tools and Accounts. SMTP tab. Change the security policy to: Don’t use secure connection. 

Yes I already did the temporary fix earlier this week as well, but it is not acceptable long term. 

Thx Deborah, I tried this but to no avail, still doesn’t work :frowning:

Thanks Deborah…

I have the same problem too with failure to send mail and not connecting to the smtp server. It all worked well when first installed and this problem has only started recently.

Hi
I have the same problem too with failure to send mail and not connecting to the smtp server.
Tthis problem has only started since 3rd September 2016.
Please help. It is urgent. Thank you. 

I have the same problem… is just with big size mails. And i think the mails are going out,but there still on outgoing tray. I use em cliente for years is the first time i have this problem. Please HELP!!!

I’m sending emails again without issue as of 0514 CDT on 9/7/16.