Compatible on macOS Sonoma 14 developer release?

Has any developer/beta tester tried eMClient Mac on macOS Sonoma 14.1 developer release? Thanks for any feedback on stability or issues.

Also interested to hear if eMClient is working on Sonoma as I am looking to upgrade once it goes to public release in a few short weeks

If you are having issues with eM Client on the Sonoma Developer Preview, please can you give some description of what they are?

1 Like

I haven’t tried it. I was hoping someone had tested it and could let us know.

Hopefully eMClient developers have tested it, or will soon.

Have the developers been testing eMClient on Sonoma?

We are getting close to the first public beta (probably another week or two) and I would love to install it.

However, whether eMClient works on it will be the deciding factor of whether I want to install the new OS this early.

I would imagine eMClient will work. I have seen the list of working and broken applications that users have been reporting. Most everything works so far in Sonoma. The stuff that doesn’t includes mostly utility programs.

Would just be nice if we could get a definitive answer on compatibility at this date.

We don’t know on this free forum when emc developers test eM Client with new OS versions, only that eM Client from time to time do blog updates with new info, and new eM Client versions / builds via the release history page.

So suggest to keep a watch on the blog page for announcements & keep an eye on the release history page for new updates.

I am a little surprised that we don’t get a response on this from the team.

On the one hand, I fully understand the apprehension of any developer to come out and say their software works without the given time to test it under an upcoming OS release thoroughly.

At the same time, all that is being asked is if the basic functions of retrieving and sending mail work under the new OS.

I am going to upgrade to Sonoma Beta 3 tomorrow on one of my 3 Mac devices and I’ll report back as to how well eMClient is working so those of you contemplating jumping now or for the soon-to-be-announced Public Beta will have an idea of what to expect.

For the most part, third-party email clients have always generally worked in early OS betas. It was actually Apple Mail that had the most bugs in it, and for that reason, I always had to use other clients until the final OS release. Since eMClient, I don’t use Apple Mail anymore.

If you have issues with eM Client on the Sonoma Developer Preview, please can you give some description of what they are?

Absolutely will, Gary! Happy to assist.

1 Like

So, for anyone who is on a Mac and contemplating beta testing Sonoma, the next operating system…

eMClient seems to be working just fine. Have only been using it for the past hour, but it’s receiving and sending emails with no issues. I see no issues with any of the graphics or performance.

I’ll certainly update this thread if I find any issues.

1 Like

Found the first bug when using eMClient with the current Public Beta 1/Developer Beta 3

When receiving spam mail in INBOX and you attempt to right-click and move it to junk and select any of the blacklist options, the entire client crashes.

So, for the moment, I can’t move spam mail to the junk folder and blacklist it.

Have already reported this to Gary who I am certain will use that information for a future Sonoma-compatible update.

I was able to reproduce this and looking at the logs I generated, it is a low-level crash in the .NET Runtime. Not sure what triggers it but it could easily be a Sonoma bug. Our developers are still investigating it though.

Just giving an update for anyone looking to try the Sonoma Public Beta and wondering if eMClient works.

We are up to, I believe, Beta 5

There was an update that addresses the crashes on the prior betas. Not sure if it’s publicly available but Gary was kind enough to send me the update to test and it fixed the issue.

However, Beta 5 introduced a new issue in eMClient where you cannot scroll large messages in the reading pane. Gary confirmed the issue but said it is only affecting laptops where a trackpad is used (which is what I am limited to in this case). If you are using a mouse, this should not be an issue for you.

I am confident this scrolling problem will be fixed in future updates and for the moment I am using Apple Mail to read large message content.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

On MB Air M2, 16GB with OS 14.0 Beta (23A5312d) emc version 9.2.2054 (5ffd5f4) is working but crashes soon self-made mail templates are called. The standard designed email is working properly. No other issues detected.

Thank you for reporting that. I am able to reproduce it, and have passed it on to our developers for investigation.

1 Like

Hi Gary, just a short q… is there a way to obtain developer releases regularly or to participate in an early bird review programme?

You can find public releases in the Release History, usually before they are provided through Check for Update. And some beta versions may be provided there as well, which will never be offered through Check for Update.

Business Pro license users can change a setting in their license manager, so they get all Release History versions (except betas) offered through Check for Update immediately.

I have recently updated my Macbook Pro to Sonoma Beta OS (currently on Beta 3). And have started to notice that I can’t scroll the email in message body window using trackpad two finger scroll. After scrolling using trackpad, if I click in message header area, then message body scrolls but then it stops again. So essentially, to scroll the complete message in the body window, I have to scroll message and then click on message header. And keep doing this to read the entire message.

However, if I have an external bluetooth mouse connected to Mac, then I scrolling in message body window works absolutely fine - either by using external mouse or using two finger scroll on trackpad.

The issue is observed only in the Sonoma Beta 2 and 3 releases.

Hope to have it resolved soon - either with OS update or of eM Client update.

I have started to see this issue as well on macOS Sonoma Beta 3. With this OS and using Macbook Pro’s trackpad, scrolling in message body window does not work. After scrolling using trackpad, if I click in message header area, then message body scrolls but then it stop again. So essentially, to scroll the complete message in the body window, you have to scroll message and then click on message header. And keep doing this to read the entire message.

However, if I have an external bluetooth mouse connected to Mac, then I scrolling in message body window works absolutely fine - either by using external mouse or using two finger scroll on trackpad.

The issue is observed only in the Sonoma Beta 2 and 3 releases.

Hope to have it resolved soon - either with OS update or of eM Client update.