Clicking the "name" of a Calendar Hides/UnChecks all other Calendars?

Cyberzork:

It does happen as Deviantollam reported in V8.2.1473 if you have a calendar that is unchecked along with some that are checked, and you click on the unchecked calendar’s name.

1 Like

@Laurel_Valley

if you have a calendar that is unchecked along with some that are checked, and you click on the unchecked calendar’s name

Ok I will retest again with that scenario.

@Laurel_Valley

Yes with (that scenario you mentioned) “where you deselect a calendar first” I can replicate that issue still with eM Client V 8.2.1509 Windows. Example below.

(Gmail Calendar selected & highlighted), (@live.com calendar deselected), (Local Calendar selected).

(Then clicked on the word “Calendar” or “On the little space to the left” of my @live.com account)

The Gmail and Local Calendar then “both deselected”. Yes some bug / issue in eM Client.

@cyberzork

Just a quick question to clarify. Will you be reporting this as an issue or do you want Deviantollam to report it?

@Laurel_Valley

Will you be reporting this as an issue or do you want Deviantollam to report it?

Yes I will report this issue.

2 Likes

Hello,
This behavior is made on purpose, so you can easily switch to a single calendar view. In case you wish to switch between calendars, use the check-box. Also, you can select multiple calendars by shift - left-clicking the first and the last one. This way you may select multiple calendars at once.

then i must ask, is there a similar function to immediately switch back out of single calendar view? because right now this is more of a land mine that hurts users than it appears to be a helpful function to assist users.

but maybe those of us who have tripped over this before are in the minority? i can’t imagine ever needing to hide all but one single calendar.

I do not think it is possible right now, but as I said, you can shift+ left click on the top calendar and then the last to select all of them. Maybe try to adjust the size of the font, so you can click the checkbox more easily? Best regards, Robert

There seems to have been no movement on this open issue for quite some time. I cannot fathom how this behavior is actually on purpose when, naturally, if someone wants to have a “view only this calendar” moment that would seem to be a temporary state… but there is no means to revert this.

I kind of want to absolutely BEG for a means to disable this behavior since it gets me at least once a week at this point, accidentally disabling 20+ of my calendars (often when I’m in the middle of a call or a meeting" and then I spend the next minute and a half frantically trying to re-enable all of them while accidentally turning them all off AGAIN in the process multiple times.

The designed behaviour is that clicking on the calendar name will uncheck all other calendars if the one you click on is not ticked.

Otherwise, if the calendar you click on is ticked, the others will not untick.

Right… but then if someone accidentally causes this behavior, how can it be quickly reversed? It’s madness that someone might trigger this condition. Maybe I should also illustrate a key problem with the hitbox areas for clicking…

…it’s that last image that really conveys the problem. One could be targeting the checkbox, but if you’re even SLIGHTLY off when attempting to hit the checkbox, boom… all other calendars are flushed down the drain.

At the very least, perhaps we can constrain the interpretation of the clicks. Maybe a hard left-right delineation… clicking on one side is “checkbox” and to the other side of a clear and intuitive area is “name”…

1 Like

The calendar preview is determined by what calendar folders are ticked in the folder tree, or just a single calendar that you have selected if it is not ticked.

If you only want to view Travel, then all others will be unselected.

When you want to view a combination of multiple calendars again, you will need to tick the ones you want to view.

Yes.

I know that.

What I’m saying however, especially with those images (can you see the images I attached to my post?), is that attempting to click on the checkbox is REALLY challenging especially on high resolution displays.

If you’re off by even a pixel, above or below, eM Client treats this as though you clicked on the “name” of the calendar. Having some grace buffer space like the hypothetical hitboxes in the last image I attached would be a massive UI and UX help.

Hi,
I had the same problem about the checkbox size and zone to click, that deactivate all my calendar and no way to undo.

it made me think about a way to check several calendar at a time,
That’s why i propose a way to switch in one click between pre-saved preselection :

I absolutely agree with you. Just happened to be again for the umpteenth time, and it’s super frustrating.

The most common thing I want to do: ADD a calendar to the carefully selected list of calendars.
The least common thing I want to so: REPLACE my curated calendar views with one calendar.

Unfortunately, the Replace option has the biggest clickable area (see the green-highlighted images that deviantollam posted earlier in the thread). My most-common use-case, conversely, has this teeny-tiny clickable area. This means that it’s way easier to accidentally replace everything than to add. Yes, there is an element of user-error; I recognize I’m mis-clicking, or accidentally clicking on a calendar name when trying to focus on my calendar window.

I would also emphatically request being able to customize this behavior some more. I’d love to disable the Replace functionality entirely on my calendar.

2 Likes

This thread didn’t get much engagement, but I know that my company uses eM Client and this problem is massive for basically everyone I work with. Will anyone consider helping on this topic?

1 Like

As at @deviantollam says quote:-

attempting to click on the checkbox is really challenging especially on high resolution displays".

If you’re off by even a pixel, above or below, eM “Client treats this as though you clicked on the “name” of the calendar”.

I agree it’s very annoying when this happens.

To fix this problem "maybe eg:-

Decrease the hotspot clickable area around the checkbox so that it “does not go past the checkbox outline” to then avoid accidental clicking the small space in between the checkbox and the name of the calendar.

Also maybe decrease the hotspot area “around the Calendar name itself” to avoid clicking the small area to the left of Calendar name.

Apart from that I do also like the idea that @lelabo3d had of activating several calendars at the same time with only one check box.

2 Likes

I also have the same problem, it is very annoying and it is really a pity that you are not getting much attention. At least a “select all” option in, say, the right-click menu, would be very helpful. This bad behaviour is driving my crazy.

This solution

might be a workaround.

1 Like

I also came to this forum hoping to find a solution to this issue.

While I see the benefit of being able to easily clear our curated calendar selection to view a single account, it is beyond annoying that I have to then go back and individually re-check every calendar to get my default calendar display.

I think reversing the hitbox sizes is a good solution for this issue, or even better in my opinion is the proposal by @lelabo3d. I think a preset list of calendar selections would be very helpful. This way we can both view a specific calendar individually and then go back to a list of calendars that we default to. It would also be nice if we could navigate between multiple groups of calendars by creating multiple presets.

I think the “select all” idea does not solve the issue. It does not help me when I have to go back through the list and then un-check the calendars that I do not want to see on a typical day.