change sender address on the fly when composing new mail

I’m using my own domain for sending emails. Due to multiple reasons I’m using different email adresses for different recipients. So I’d like to be able edit the email address (the part before the  @-sign) when composing/replying to an email. That’s the one feature from Thunderbird I’m missing from eM Client. There I could select “user defined email address” from the drop down list with possible sender addresses, and then enter an individual address by hand.
If this isn’t possible right now, could this be added as a feature?

1 Like

That is not possible in eM Client.

You can only use the address that is setup in the email account, or one of the aliases that you have assigned in the account settings.

Hi together,

I have exactly the same problem. When I answer a mail that arrived to a different address, emClient will correctly choose that address as the from sender. I like that very much, because I don’t need to add an alias every time.

But If I want to send a new mail, I am limited to the defined aliases. My Mailprovider does support smtp-relay. So it would be perfect, if I could manually temporarly choose a from sender on mail creation.

Is there any way to do this or is it perhaps a planned feature?

Thanks!

How can we get this to the roadmap? The sender field should be editable, so I can manually change it to my needs. Thanks.

martes 09 mayo 2023 :: 1540hrs (UTC +0100)

Unless I misunderstand what you say and would like, the ability to temporally select an alias from address already exists in eMC.
As you have noted you can select from a defined alias on send - the solution is to add the address you now want to use to your defined alias list, it is then there in perpetuity for future use unless deleted.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Jerez de la Frontera y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks for your answer. This of course does work. But I have a bunch of wildcard-alias-adresses. I don’t wont to manually add an identity each time. What I need is, that the sender field is an editable text field, so I can change it temporarly when needed.

Currently I often switch to Thunderbird to do this.

Thanks
Fabian

If your server supports it, the catch-all option will allow you to respond to messages sent to those aliases without manually entering the aliases first.

2 Likes

Yes, that is good. But first I need to receive an e-mail to this address. I want to send e-mails with any sender I want to choose in that moment.

miércoles 10 mayo 2023 :: 1639hrs (UTC +0100)

As @Gary says above you will first have to receive an email with the address you want to use, or as I said above you will need to create the alias addresses you want to use. You can not simply make up an address and use it without creating an alias. All with the proviso that you have a “catch-all” facility.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Please guys :face_with_peeking_eye: As I wrote before, I know what is possible with emclient!

I just want to make an additional feature request, that is NOT POSSIBLE with emClient, yet.

How and where can I address it?

See the screenshots from thunderbird here, that hopefull make it pretty clear what I wish to have in emclient:

jueves 11 mayo 2023 :: 1749hrs (UTC +0100)

OK, ich verstehe, was Sie tun möchten. Soweit ich weiß, ist diese Funktion in eMC nicht verfügbar.
Sie können eine Funktionsanfrage stellen. Ich schlage jedoch vor, dass Sie in diesem Fall eine VOLLSTÄNDIGE Erklärung auf Englisch abgeben und dass alle von Ihnen bereitgestellten Bilder ebenfalls auf Englisch sind.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

This idea is already in our list of feature requests. While it is not something we are considering at this time, it is always possible that it will be reconsidered again in the future.

1 Like