Can't create gmail account, stuck in authentication loop

Every time I try to create a new gmail account I get stuck in a loop. Using the wizard, when I get to the “New Account - Almost there!” window, when I click Finish a Google dialog pops up " eM Client wants to access your Google Account". If I click Allow, it goes back to the “New Account - Almost there!” but does nothing. If I click Finish again the cycle repeats. If I log into my google account, it says emclient has been given access. If I delete this entry and try again. Then entry show up again but nothing ever download and account is never created. Help?

Try setting “a different browser as the default” in your OS and then close and reopen eM Client.

Failing that go online to your “Gmail security/ Third party apps” and remove any eM Client tokens. Then close and reopen eM Client and run the email wizard again.

Next if still the same problem, could be an optional program interfering with the Gmail OAuth. So if you have any eg: Optional Firewalls / Security programs or Optional Antivirus programs, VPNs try completely disabling those to test.

Lastly if still an issue, let us know what version of eM Client you are using, and also do you have Windows or Mac and what OS version.

What version of Windows are you using?

Tried a different default browser - didn’t work, same problem
Removed em Client token in Gmail security, - creating new account process creates new token but same problem, stuck in loop again.
Turned off virus protection and MSFT security - didn’t work, same problem
No VPN to disable
Em Client: 9.2.1222 (ca10485)

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎13/‎2021
OS build 19044.2364
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0
  • in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike

OK, so you are using Windows 10.

Have you by any chance enabled TLS 1.3 in Windows 10?
If you have, it is not compatible with that version of Windows, and so you will need to disable it again. Once that is done, try adding the account again.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks!

Same problem. Nothing mentioned in this thread works.