Cannot authenticate Gmail account for initial setup - JavaScript issue

Was retesting and ran staright into the OAuth issue, glad to see emClient finally acknowledging there is a problem.

NB. Thunderbird uses OAth with GMail now to, works fine.

Roger that. I think the em client software is dead in the water until this is resolved. Every user will be effected. I too have this issue. 2 step verification Java error (JS is enabled in ie)… the problem lies in the em side of the program. 

yes this is the method to find the problem. best chance of fixing it or getting on the trail.

A guy above suggested that a piece of software to see the “settings” of the instance of the called browser. It’s clearly not the same as the standard IE that can be called from the Desktop. 

Same here. Have had em client for roughly 3 years and actually I’m even a paying member… now bought a new laptop and bahm! Win 10, JS enabled, everything updated etc etc. Please fix, as em client is actually good and would like to continue using it.

Okay there’s a relatively simple fix to this if you’re a personal user:

1. Disable the two step verification process in your Google Account.

2. Setup Gmail through emClient as per normal.

3. Enable two step verification process when Gmail has been successfully setup. 

Cheers

I’m intrigued that works for you. I had tried that previously (and again today). But emclient launches the google authentication window and then won’t proceed: ie I’m asked for email and password to sign in but cannot do so (clicking signin achieves nothing).

I note that the company remains silent on what they are actually doing to solve the problem: “working on it” doesn’t fill me with much hope when this has been going on for months now…

Actually: if I open an Internet Explorer window and log in to gmail via the web first, then authentication window will allow me to enter a password and signin. And no, this doesn’t work to eliminate the javascript error with 2FA enabled. I will update if this holds with 2FA turned back on.

Olivia - Is there any update on this - considering your product is fundamentally broken (remember a lot of eM client users are in corporate environments and don’t have the option to disable 2FA)

For weeks/months you have been posting comments on these forums stating simply “we are looking at it” - with zero sign of action.

Will this be addressed in a v6.x hotfix? or do we have to wait for the elusive v7 o be released.

As it stands your userbase will simply get sick of your lack of action to this issue with your product and migrate to other clients which do work with google 2FA.

Sounds interesting that this works for you. I have both a Gmail and a GApps account, and it works on the vanilla Gmail side. For the GApps account, no matter what I do I can’t get eM to log in - 2FA enabled or not, logged in through either Edge or IE, nothing. I am completely dead in the water for this account.

Can’t use an app-specific password, either. I think some other clients have skirted this issue by falling back on the “less secure app” fix (Mailbird is one example that leaps to mind).

Still it is disconcerting at best to see the level of support here. Cries of “this isn’t the same issue” aside, the current problem (if in fact it is different) has been known for weeks and yet there is still no fix. No word on whether we have to wait for v7 (if I had to guess, this is the unstated message from eM) or what they are doing to resolve this. Just the same couple of things which address only the most vanilla of Gmail customers.

I agree with your frustration. The silence from eM on this issues is saying more to me than their advertising ever could. Ignore it and it might go away seems to be the only response they can work up. Still advertising a feature that doesn’t work, no time-scale for a fix, not even real information about what they’re doing (if anything) to fix but instead several misleading posts aboput “oh goodness, we’ve just discovered this, it’s really important to us and we’re working on a fix”.

Anyway, as promised, a few days later and it’s still working (incidentally I’m on a GApps account). I will try with my other four accounts and see if it works for them all.

*Bump*

Interesting to see eM rep is actively posting on the forum but completely ignoring requests for information on the 2FA issue.

Silence says it all I guess…

I have reinstalled my Win 10 machine and now have the same problem: All my browsers have java enabled. I have 2FA enabled. Previously, I had no problem authenticating my emclient with my gmail account… which was months ago. 

Too bad this has been such a long lasting issue… I am back to using the web for my gmail for the time being. I just can’t settle on the alternatives.

So… this needs a fix! ASAP! Any news?? 

Just to add that this solution worked for me - running W10 and Firefox - disabling 2-step authentication enabled the sync to happen - turning it back on did not affect the connection and it now works perfectly! A hassle to change and I dread the problem recurring as it means that my other devices and apps all have to be reconnected too.

i am using Em Client from last 10 years without issue, but since last week, am facing "

You’ve reached this page because we have detected that Javascript is disabled in your browser. The page you attempted to load cannot display properly if scripts are disabled.

Please enable scripts and retry the operation or go back in your browser."

This started without reason, no system format, no application change on system, no install un-install of new application, no changes on browser setting. The proper help will be appreciated with correct resolution. No need to suggest changes in browser and system setting or java setting as those are unchanged since last 10 years.

In addition, i am using
6.0.24144.0 version released in Dec 2015