Cannot authenticate Gmail account for initial setup - JavaScript issue

Just spent 2 days trying to get past the Javascript issue on a friends Windows Vista PC. Enabled in IE. Can log into Gmail through browser. The OAuth window has icons missing & Accept/Decline greyed out.

I tried the Automatic route & selecting Gmail from the Mail options. All failed.

Took about a minute to install successfully on my Windows 7 PC.

I was also having the Java script issue while setting new gmail account.  After enabling the Javascript in IE my problem is solved & now I have successfully created new gmail account.

Thanks for the help.

Ravi Modi

Hello,
I had this problem with Windows XP - eM Client and Internet Explorer 6.  Now, I’ve updated the Internet Explorer 8 and the Framework with Windows Update and Is allright.

Regards

Trying to install Em Client on Windows 10. IE en Edge have Java enables. Still I keep getting the Java script error during the two step authentication. Any advise. Downloaded EmClient today, so it’s the latest version.
Any advise on how to it working. Now I’m still stuck on Thunderbird …

This problem has just arisen for me too!  Been using emClient for ages without a problem but now I get the same message about Javascript not being enabled - but it is.

I have read through all of these posts many times and done everything suggested but no luck.  

I am using a Google Apps account with 2 step verification.  If I turn this off I can just about get it to work by logging in to my Google account in IE (which works OK) but as soon as I switch the 2 step verification back on the Javascript error occurs.  

I did follow the Need Help link on the first log in scree and after entering my email address and password get the message 'Your browser is not supported anymore.  Please update to a more recent one.  I can get this error to replicate on more than one computer - using Windows 10.  

Hope someone can help. This seems to be too common a problem for it not to be something that needs looking at.

Please stop treating us like idiots and telling us to enable java, update files etc etc etc…

This is clearly a problem that is experience by many users of Gmail on Windows 10 due to problems on Em Client’s side. 

Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update. 

Hi Robert,
I’m sorry you feel as if your intelligence is being insulted, but enabling Java and Updating the browser has worked for users in the past.
There seems to be a new issue with Google authorization, but we are looking into it.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Dave,
unfortunately this is an issue we know about at the moment.
Please try logging into your gmail account through webmail using Internet Explorer.
Try removing eM Client from your App passwords (https://security.google.com/settings/…) and then logging into eM Client, giving it the permission anew.
This has managed to help some users, but it might not work.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing while we continue looking for a solution.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Richard,
unfortunately this is an issue we know about at the moment and are trying to find solution for.
Please update IE to latest possible version.
Then try logging into your gmail account through webmail using Internet Explorer.
Try removing eM Client either from your connected apps (https://security.google.com/settings/…) or from your App passwords (https://security.google.com/settings/…) and then logging into eM Client, giving it the permission anew.
This has managed to help some users, but it might not work.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Best regards,
Olivia

It’s probably worth noting that the browser window that pops up is not the same as my workstation’s browser.  If I escape from the signin page and look at whatsmybrowser, I get a report whatsmybrowser.org/b/1V0CDJ5 that it looks like IE7 without Javascipt.  If I use either Edge or Chrome (both on my Windows 10 machine), I get the appropriate data with JavaScript shown as enabled.  I don’t have an App Password, so that part is not relevant to me.

Hi Michelle,
and is Javascript enabled in your IE7? If not, please enable it and try again.

Best regards,
Olivia

I’ve been using eM for months as well and this is now affecting me.  Windows 10.  I’ve udpated the java settings in IE.  Running most current eM and IE. Definitely frustrating.

I know I’m not adding anything new here. But I also have this problem under my Windows 10 system. Latest updates installed from Windows Update. 

And I went to http://www.enable-javascript.com/ on every browsers that I have installed (IE, Edge, Chrome) and the page always says that JS is enabled. 

This mail client look promising (my 1st attempt to use it). But this problem is euh… problematic! :slight_smile:

I was wondering if we could use a dummy piece of software (from the eM programmers) that let us see the “settings” of the instance of the called browser. It’s clearly not the same as IE or Edge that we can call from the Desktop. Only an idea…

Don’t bother changing anything - the problem is not with your PC. I ahve downlaoded several clients over the past 24 hours, all using OAuth2 and all having no problem with 2-factor authentication. The issue is squarely with emClient but they refuse to acknowledge this.

Wow, I didn’t see that this is a five month old problem! And yet emClient have only this week told me that “google just changed something”! OAuth2 works for every other client that I’ve downloaded recently but not this one. And yet the developers are burying their heads, pretending the issue doesn’t lie with them and waiting for Version 7 to be released.

Another user with an issue on Windows 10. Javascript is enabled on all browsers on this system. Its a shame too, was considering moving our entire company to this email client but if we can’t connect to gmail accounts using 2-step authentication its a deal breaker. Especially concerning considering this is a 5+ month issue and still hasn’t been resolved.

Incredibly frustrating, I really wanted to like and use this program, but if I cant even get it to work with gmail then this app is useless to me

Hi Brian,
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
But just because the current problem and this old one trigger the same JS page doesn’t mean the issue is the same.
The 2-step verification issue actually started happening in this big a scale just recently and we are working on fixing it.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
The only workaround at the moment is to disable 2-step verification, but we are working on a fix to this issue as hard as we can.

Regards,
Olivia

Gary,
Just because the current problem and this old one trigger the same JS page doesn’t mean the issue is the same.
The 2-step verification issue actually started happening in this big a scale just recently and we are working on fixing it.

Regards,
Olivia

Hmm. It seems the same. And nothing in the replies indicate otherwise. Is it the same problem you acknowledged three weeks ago? If you are aware of differences and why this old problem is not the same as the current problem perhaps you can share them with us? Or indeed share any information that you have gleaned on this issue. Apart from this community board, emClient has not put out anything concerning this issue. It would be great to know what steps are actually being taken to fix: the last I heard on my support ticket was "we are trying to get in touch with Gmail devs and ask them for cooperation. " Have they answered the phone yet?