Bug: Unread message count incorrect

Em Client: 8.2.1237 (licensed pro version), email preview pane is turned off.

Sometimes I delete email without reading it. I know by the subject and/or sender that I’m not interested.

If I have one unread email in my inbox and I delete it without opening it, it goes to the trash as expected, the trash unread counter increments as expected, but the inbox unread counter stays at 1.

If I have two unread emails in my inbox, on deleting the first one, the behavior is the same (inbox unread counter doesn’t change), but upon deleting the 2nd email, the inbox unread counter goes to zero (that is, it disappears)

During these operations, the counters in Favorites (All Inboxes, Unread) do indeed update as expected; it’s only the counter for the Inbox itself.

Definitely not a big deal. Just thought I’d get it in the pipeline in case it’s something you’d like to look at in the future. Thanks.

Confirmed happens here with office365/exchange.

If you have licensed eM Client Professional I would then suggest to put in a support request for this issue via the “Pro support” page Support | Remote Assistance | License Manager | eM Client

Same problem here with google and outlook

Bug: Unread message count incorrect

Em Client: 8.2.1237 (licensed pro version), email preview pane is turned off.

I cannot replicate those unread issues with the recent eM Client V9 releases on Windows or Mac using Outlook IMAP or Google IMAP accounts.

Try the latest V8 from the release history page and see if you still have that issue. V8.2.1721 for Windows or V8.2.1721 for Mac.

Or if you have upgraded to V9, then try the latest releases V9.2.2093 for Windows or V9.2.2054 for Mac and see if you still have that issue.

If you still have that issue, you might need to send in logs from eM Client via a support ticket.