Beta version 10

With the integration of ChatGPT into emClient, does this imply that certain texts or data in general are uploaded to the cloud to analyze it?

If so, this immediately rises some privacy concerns, doesn’t it?

@Mike_F

This topic has already been discussed here:

2 Likes

Why are Beta versions now listed in the eM Client history when in the past they were not? [Release History | eM Client]

@LL7977

Why are Beta versions now listed in the eM Client history when in the past they were not?

Its there for User testing as per @Michal_Burger advised in his post below on eM Client V10.

Quote Extract from the following Thread, https://forum.emclient.com/t/em-client-10-version/91043/16

“Beta releases are here mainly for gathering user feedback about the new features and changes made to minimize a potential confusion about these changes by some of our users. That’s the reason why most of the major software companies release beta versions. We listen to our users and customers and want to incorporate their feedback into the final product.”

Ok. I never seen any beta’s listed before. Correct me if I am wrong, users are discouraged to download betas. But this is a new thing. And that’s ok too.

We encourage users to test, but be aware that the beta may not have all features, may have bugs, localization will not be up to date so in other languages the menus may still be only in English, etc. Definitely not something you should use for business, but you are welcome to test it.

We remove them from the Release History when the final version is released though, because they won’t work for more than a few months after the final release. And of course there is no point in leaving an incomplete application there for download.

1 Like