eM Client 10 version

@peterb

Tell me, please, what is so revolutionary that it justifies increasing the main number?

There is alot of “user requested features” and other differant new features" added (apart from AI) that is in V10. You can read all about them in the blog.

Beta versions don’t use licenses.

“Please be aware that the Beta version will only be operational for 3 months after release and you will have to update to a standard eM Client 10 version after that. No license is required for testing - the Beta runs in a trial mode, so anybody can try it out freely.”

I read this list from the blog. And I’m still asking - what is so revolutionary there to increase version number. When you read changelog for Firexox 122 you can find lot of changes, but years back it would be just Firefox 14.2.2 or something like that, because it’s in fact minor changes. No revolutionary changes were made, just some improvements, program do not change that much to justify increasing version number. Of course I understand that business model based on only free updates would be not so good for company and sometimes users must pay for upgrade, but at least changes should be bigger. Tab browsing? Invented years ago - but not in eM Client. That would be revolution (something that some email clients had 30 years ago). Or maybe truly independent windows? Now I can’t even copy text from email to filter, because when filter window is open, main window is inactive (what is the point of having independent windows if they’re not work in multitasking?). Or maybe improved email editor to compose nice html emails without using html code? Or auto-filter like in some email client that group (temporarly) all emails from a person when you click ALT+mouse button on email? Or at least send as mass email by default when user select send from group contacts? Or maybe hard stop button for some operations that freezes not because of eM Client, but server problems? Or stop sending emails when auto-syncing (what does SMTP protocol have to do with synchronization?). Or at least easy customization of colors without creating separate skins? Visible counters in search folders?

Really, folder colors and folder filters, PDF preview (I hope it’s safe?) or moving search field at the top is not what I expected from new major version.

3 Likes

Why would you want to stop syncing your IMAP folders just because you are sending a message?

Fortunately you don’t need to upgrade to version 10 when it is released if that is your concern. If you are happy with 9, you can stick with it. Your license is valid for that version indefinitely. It won’t cost you anything extra to remain with version 9.

3 Likes

I have come back to Frankfurt from several months exchange internship in company offices in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Sydney Australia and New York USA to help with my English and other things to progress my career. Now I am back I need to buy a new car.
I am not offered a car BETA version to test and report anything wrong like brakes or lights, I buy a car that is fully approved with all parts working correctly, even when it is a new model.
I do not know why eM Client can not release a fully tested working version 10 software with all confidence.
Maybe they do not have a test department that can make a complete check for code errors or anything else before a confident product release.
To enable me to finalize my dissertation can I be told why is there a problem with a fully tested working release of eM Client and if not why not?

Torsten Marx

Nobody forces you to install the beta. Beta releases are here mainly for gathering user feedback about the new features and changes made to minimize a potential confusion about these changes by some of our users. That’s the reason why most of the major software companies release beta versions. We listen to our users and customers and want to incorporate their feedback into the final product. If you don’t want to be part of that, it is easy, just don’t install the beta.

4 Likes

We already have that since at least version 7. That is the function of the Contact right-sidebar. As soon as you click on any email, a full email history with that person will be displayed in the sidebar.

1 Like

I wrote opposite - stop sending emails when syncing, not stop syncing when sending. Nevermind, we discuss about this already and you’re always know best.

It’s not about am I happy or not - sure, I am happy with 9 as much as I can be. But hey - it’s new major version, it suppose to have something new and useful, not few cosmetic and graphics changes.

Not as conivinient as when all emails are fully shown on list with all their columns and details.

Whichever way you do it, why would you want to do that? There doesn’t seem to be a valid reason to stop one just because the other is connected, but if you can give some feedback about why you need that to happen, we can certainly investigate it.

1 Like

You mean like if you right-click on the sender’s address and choose Communication History, where it will show you a window just like the message list default layout? It also expands the message if you click on one of them.

Ok. Not as convenient, but good enough.

I discuss about it many times. But sure - I can repeat.

1. eM Client syncing and sending emails at the same time in two cases:
    1a. Automatically every x minutes - which is good
    1b. When user clicks Refresh button - which is also good.

2. Syncing is part of IMAP protocol and we can also agree that POP3 receiving emails is kind of syncing too. There is no such thing as syncing SMTP since SMTP is only protocol to use for sending emails (from local computer). AFTER email is sent, it ends (mostly) on server’s side in “Sent” box and yes - THEN it supposed to be synced (IMAP syncing).

3. In many programs there is an opton where user can choose if he wants to send email immediately or place it in queue. The same option is in eM Client:

Clipboard Image

Great, but… even disabled, when user click “SEND” email is placed in Out outbox and then, when automatic refresh is triggered, email is send anyway. So, basically, if user have bad luck, email may be sent even one second after user click on “Send” - no matter if option “Send messages immediately” is enabled or disabled.

1. There are few additional options that have no sense and was proposal as workaround. I may delay send by seconds (I don’t want to - the whole idea of not automatic sending is to user to decide when, not program itself), disable automatic sync (but I want automatic SYNC - and SYNC as I descibed, is not the same as sending, because SMTP is not protocol that must be synced - it’s one way only). Or disable mailbox from sending (then I must use additional options for sending or receiving emails from account). Nevermind, that is only workaround to prove that user can’t have right and everything is made by (great) design. Well, is not, because (again) there is option “Send message immediately”, but just doesn’t work like user set - it works based on luck when disabled (“please do not send my message when I click Send”, “Ok, I’ll do it after 1 second”).

2. The valid and very easy to implement solution (probably 10 minutes for your coders) is to made SMALL difference what happens when user CLICK on Refresh button and when automatic sync is triggered every x minutes. In that second case, when “Send message immediately” is disabled, automatic sync should just skip SMTP protocol. And when user click “Refresh” button (user’s interaction) it should activate full sync+smtp sending. Is really that simple, easy to made and all it needs is to at least once admit that the customer is right and try to do something without insisting that everything works perfectly.

This is the end of my explanation, but if someone else (users) think that Sending email should be automatically even if option to immediate send is disabled, then I will be happy to hear arguments.

The option is send immediately, so if you untick it, the message won’t be sent immediately. Rather it will be sent on a schedule. You can also disable the schedule if you don’t want it to be sent that way either. Then your messages will only be sent when you click on Refresh.

You can also use the Send later function, and have all your messages set to send after x minutes. They will remain in the Outbox irrespective of the schedule or if you click Refresh until they have been there for x minutes, then they will send.

The schedule won’t affect your Inbox as those are received in realtime from the server irrespective of any schedule.

1 Like

You see?
You don’t even read my whole post, just answer for fragment of it.

I can explain as much as I want and still - you know better if it works good (for me) or not. And I think that I described why all these workarounds are bad. But you don’t even want to understand my point of view - eM Client design is so great that any changes are like attack on holiness.

Do you ever seen any other email client that have option to disable immediate send and sending emails anyway on schedule? Please - show me. Show me one single example.

Yes, I saw what you asked.

We have that function.

If disabling send immediately doesn’t work for you, it can be done using the send later option. It is not a workaround, but a function added because users like yourself requested it. If you set it to send all messages after 10 minutes, when you send the message it will wait in the Outbox for 10 minutes before it is sent. It will ignore the schedule, and it will ignore the Refresh button. And even with this option enabled, if you decide a message you are composing needs to send immediately, that option is there in the Send button as well. So by default it will send after 10 minutes, or if you choose to send it immediately it will do that.

You have full control.

1 Like

That would be enough, except one small thing - is possible at least to add customizable button to “Send All” instead of diging into options in “Refresh”?

I tried to made it using Quick Actions, but…

Clipboard Image (1)

And another thing - if email is set to send later, then I can choose everything - “Send and Receive All” or custom mailbox and “Send All Messages”, but that message is still in outbox waiting for it’s time to send.

Why I can’t just populate my outbox and wait how long I want until I send message?

Why is so bad to made it the way I am asking?

And is there any other email client (again - my question) that works the way eM Client works?

Still strongly disagree that it works ok.

It’s not a problem with my computer you know. It’s not that it doesn’t work for me. It just doesn’t work at all, is bad designed and totally random, which I explain in my post. What do you not understand? I can’t really explain it better, maybe some other user help me in that matter.

Quick Actions apply to messages and not folders.

If you want to Send All there is a keyboard shortcut (F5) which does this. As I said before that won’t affect messages you have specified to send later. They will wait until their appointed time arrives.

1 Like

Great, but my delayed message is still in outbox waiting that 10 minutes I set, no matter what I click or what shorcut I use. So it’s not a solution, it’s for pausing sending selected message, not for populating outbox for sending all on demand.

So how can I send immediately message that is waiting?

EDIT: The only option I see is right mouse button and “Send Now” for selected message. So I still cannot send many of them by single click, isn’t? At least would be nice to add “Send Now” to options I can customize at the top.

If you change your mind, and decide one of the messages waiting in the queue needs to be sent immediately, double-click on the message to open it. Then click on the down arrow Send button and remove the Send later option. Finally click on the Send button to send it immediately.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of operations.
As I said from the beginning - I do not want to delay send, I expect send on demand.
It’s only one option that is missing - Send Now, and I think is already there, but not as a button.
Would be possible to add that button? If it’s available by right mouse button as “Send Now” it should be available as a global button too - it’s not so much work, isn’t?