Backing Up the Archive

If I used the backup function, does that also backup my archive? I currently am performing regular backups to my Dropbox and I just want to be sure that if anything happens to my machine that the archive is still preserved in my Dropbox since your software doesn’t allow you to choose where you want the archive to reside.

@panzellap See last comment from Gary on the two different types of archiving on the below thread.

How can I change location of archive folder> - Initial setup - eM Client

Gary

Dec '19

There are two types of archiving.

1. Archiving as featured by your email provider. Not all providers offer that, but if they do, Ctrl+Shift+A will move the message from it’s current folder to an archive on the server.

2. Automatic Archiving in eM Client. This you can setup in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving. This is a time activated feature that will remove all messages over a specific age from the server and save them to a local folder.

Yes, eM Client’s backup function will backup all your data, including the archive folder.

1 Like

Yet again, my question is not being answered. If I perform a backup, does it backup the archive? That’s all I’m asking. I know eM Client’s archive function only saves locally and not to a specified location. I don’t know why it doesn’t give you the option to save archives to a different location because Outlook is able to do that, but to each their own (and we have our reasons for not using Outlook). Archiving on the server would be counter-productive as we’re trying to free up space on the server. So let’s try this again, shall we?

When I use the backup function on eM Client, does it also backup the archives?

Thanks, Gary. I appreciate it.

Thanks, @Gary!

I also had the same question because I want to start archiving my emails from the server. Good to know that it will be backed up automatically when backing up. :slight_smile: