Automatically add new Contacts when e-mails received and sent

Can we please get an option to automatically add Contacts from received and sent e-mails?

It’s pretty crazy you have to manually add every single e-mail address that comes in and out of your account.

For example, GMail at least saves all the e-mail addresses on send and also saves the names set for them on receipt, and it means you never lose an e-mail address.

Can this please be considered?

viernes 30 junio 2023 :: 1101hrs (UTC +0100)

This feature already exists, follow this:
Menu ->Settings ->Mail ->Compose ->Show Recipients ->Recipients History
->Select any email ->Save as ->Select/Create a Contacts folder
OR>>>
Menu ->Settings ->Mail ->Privacy ->Manage Whitelist
->Select an email ->Save as ->Select/Create a Contacts folder

That is it.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Spielberg, Austria y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hey @skybat

Thanks for this. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not able to be made automatic. You have to manually go and add every contact.

What I am asking for is that contacts are automatically added when receiving or sending an e-mail.

I know that eMClient stores sent and received e-mail addresses for suggestions, which is useful.

But if it could take this once step further and save these to Contacts as an option, these contacts could then be exported and synced to different email clients, different instances of eMClient, etc. The same way GMail does, basically.

(Also, that interface for saving suggested e-mails as contacts also has no way to filter which e-mail accounts that you see, so it’s not particularly useful for multiple accounts.)

viernes 30 junio 2023 :: 1536hrs (UTC +0100)

I do not believe automatically adding is a viable, it would need to have a filter of some sort built in or, for instance in my case, I could end up with hundreds of entries per week.
I am happy to be proved wrong.

+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++

But if it could take this once step further and save these to Contacts as an option

This feature also already exists for received mail see images below:
Place your cursor over the sender name and if not already in contacts it will show this image then right click on the 2 dots at top edge.
option1

This will show this popup as in this image to make your selection:

options

I have no idea how or what happens in GMail as I do not use any google products.

+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++

(Also, that interface for saving suggested e-mails as contacts also has no way to filter which e-mail accounts that you see, so it’s not particularly useful for multiple accounts.)

I do not understand what you mean, maybe it is a language/comprehension issue.

skybat

¡Suerte!

[email protected]

If you set this option in the Gmail webmail settings, any messages you send from eM Client will have their addresses saved as contacts in the Other Contacts folder. This folder is not synced through their API, but you can see it in the Google Contacts web interface.

2 Likes

viernes 30 junio 2023 :: 1626hrs (UTC +0100)

Useful if you use Gmail,

skybat

¡Suerte!

[email protected]