Attachments do not open

Seems like this whole episode might be a repeat of Feb 2021 post:

1 Like

Gary, I really think this was handled poorly. I think she made it clear that some files didn’t work. Of course libre office handles most ms office files just fine. I’ve not had a problem and have use Libra office and before that Open Office for decades. However, she specifically said that the exact same files could be opened from multiple other email clients in libre office. She also said that they could save the files and Libre office would open them, but when emc saved the files they got corrupted.

She should have been asked to send a couple of those files so the programmers could investigate a possible issue with a type of formatting, some kind of font, or a macro or … that was causing emclient to fail. Or, to find out that in fact, those same files don’t cause a problem on another computer.

miércoles 02 febrero 2022 :: 0800hrs (UTC +01:00)

You should not make gender assumptions!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Yes it is unfortunate if the user doesn’t want to follow some simple instructions. It is an easy fix.

If the attachment is opened from another client, it can normally easily be solved by repairing the message cache in eM Client, or if it comes to that, removing and re-adding the account.

It is not necessary to do that. But if the user has a Pro License with VIP Support, they can open a support ticket if they want direct support from us. I will give the same initial advice there as I gave here though. Obviously if that doesn’t resolve it, there are other things we can look at.

I just had a similar problem where two file attachments (.xlsx and .pdf) from the same message downloaded to zero byte files, every time.

From a different client, I forwarded this message to myself, then reopened in eM Client. Both attachments downloaded properly.

While searching for a solution as to why eM Client would not download the attachments properly from the original message, I discovered this thread.

SOLUTION: I used Gary’s “Repair” procedure posted above. Problem solved.

Thanks Gary!

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. eM Client is doing something to the files. See the hash results below.

PS C:\Users\1234\Downloads> Get-FileHash “.\2.9.2023.xlsx”

Algorithm Hash Path

SHA256 4E8B8CB138D6EC7C59969889224F9D0E1B8C20ADD192FC4526562CA5F17982BA C:\Users\1234\Downloads\2.9…

PS C:\Users\1234\Downloads> Get-FileHash “.\2.9.2023 out.xlsx”

Algorithm Hash Path

SHA256 AE43F690E081EA40CC7FC90F9D9553CB5284A4FA6303F1F8890D4F6EB1BB5C39 C:\Users\1234\Downloads\2.9…