Apple Silicon version

The latest version of eM Client is using 735MB at startup and after 10 mins is using 790MB.

eM Client for MAC hasn’t been out very long in the big scheme of things compared to eM Client for Windows and things take time to develop especially when brand new CPU’s are developed.

I am sure the devs are doing the best they can and will no doubt in time optimize the program for M1.

The Mac version 9 beta, 9.0.213, available in the Release History, is native for both M1 and Intel hardware.

1 Like

Thank you @Gary! Just installed it.

Can you keep us updated on the memory usage please.

It started out using around 650MB, 10 minutes later this is what I see in Activity Monitor:

29 refers to threads, 999 to ports. 10734 is just the PID.

To be fair, since it started I have added my CalDAV calendar and CardDav contacts.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

Just an hour later, not doing much with it, and it’s using 1.29GB :frowning:

2 Likes

i want native silicon version - must exist since ios version is in beta

@fivehunt

i want native silicon version - must exist since ios version is in beta

eM Client for Desktop on Mac has already supported Apple Silicon since April 2022 in V9.0.1632 (See below) where M1 support was added. The latest Mac version 9.2.2202 was also just released in Dec 20th which has alot more features & updates added as well. You can get that via the release history page if you don’t have it.

Also the iOS Test flight version also supports Apple Silicon. Latest version is 9.3.6040

Note:- I run both a Mac Mini and Mac Tablet both with Apple Silicon chips and eM Client works fine.

(Mac for desktop with Apple Silicon support)

(eM Client Mac 9.2.2202 desktop Activity monitor CPU usage)

When its minimised or just left open in the background and not doing anything the CPU % is 0.0).

When its checking mail “where i have four IMAP accounts”, the CPU usage goes up between 24-30 % and then goes back down to 0.0 % when stopped checking. So looks like its working correctly for me.

2 Likes

cyberzork - thanks - you are a lifesaver