Yahoo Password policy

Not sure I understand how to actually ask/post a question on this forum, however, if this is it then can anyone help me?
I recently received notification from yahoo, my mail service provider (of more years than I can remember) that they were changing their policy regarding passwords as follows:-
“We’ve noticed that you’re using non-Yahoo applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications) that may use a less secure sign-in method. To protect you and your data, Yahoo will no longer support the current sign-in functionality in your application starting on 20 October 2020.”
They have given me some options and I’ve selected one but it involves changing the password used by eM Client to access my Yahoo mail and I cannot find where/how this is changed/updated.
Any help/ideas much appreciated?

viernes 18 septiembre 2020 :: 1812hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi swashbuckler…
You can do this:

With EMC in view: Menu -> Accounts -> you can change your password here.
Click OK AND at top left of window Save & Close.

That’s it.!

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

I had this problem with access to my Yahoo account via eMC.
The easiest way to resolve it is to generate an App Password.
Just follow the instructions here for generating one. Just remember to put in “eM Client” as you 3-rd party app and your done.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html

Saturday 19 September 2020 :: 1142hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi rjubin…

Nothing to do with thris thread…

I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to message you; do you remember
some while back we had an exchange concerning ‘catch all’ rules?
Anyway it is now possible @sunriseal posted this to me, in case you
didn’t see it, here it is:

(1) Click “New Rule”
(2) Click “People”
(3) Enter “@mylist.com
(4) Click “Add Address”
(4) Click “Save & Close”
(5) Click “NEXT”
(6) Follow to “Finish”

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

Thanks Russ - unfortunately most of the crap I receive has nonsense address names (e.g. Received: from gkvylggew.com) which change regularly to try and escape the Spam Filters on the Hotmail mail servers.

However, I’ve managed to devise a rule that catches most of the stuff by recognising keywords in the mail header. That seems to eliminate 95%. :+1: