Yahoo inbox not synced every minute

Hi,

I’m using eM with Yahoo Mail since a few weeks.
I noticed that new emails immediately pop up on my iPhone but not on eM. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes or longer to receive them on Win11.

I already activated the sync every 1 minute and can see in the logs, that only CardDav and CalDav of Apple is getting synced every minute.

Why not my Yahoo Inbox? Did i miss any setting? Appreciate your support.

Also I noted that eM Client is syncing my sent emails since I installed it. The status bar in the log is like 10 percent done with syncing but as my PC is running allday, I see no progress.

Also already deleted my account from eM and added it again. No changes.

Normally the Inbox being IMAP is pretty much realtime with Yahoo and there is no settings for that. As it’s taking 30 mins to receive mail to your Inbox, I would suggest to try removing and readding your account via the automatic email wizard setup via “Menu / Accounts”. That will rule out any issue with your Yahoo account in eM Client Incase it was corrupted in some way.

Note: - Before removing backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” Incase you need to restore.

If still taking 30 mins to receive, then that might be related to some other program locally installed possibly slowing or interfering your emails arriving in eM Client. Optional programs such as eg: Firewalls / Security programs, Optional Antivirus programs or VPNs can sometimes interfere with mail clients. So if you have any of those, try completely disabling those to test.

Now if removing and readding your Yahoo account makes no difference and you have no optional programs like the above installed or made no difference disabling those, then could be also related to slow connections between the various mail servers along the way between Yahoo and your ISP connection causing delays, in which case those things normally resolve themselves.

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to answer.
I followed all steps but there is no difference. The Inbox is syncing like every 20-30 Minutes.
As an alternative test I ran my inbox on a Macbook in the same network and had no problems with receiving mails through Apple Mail. Therefore I don’t think the ISP is a problem.

Also I am running a PiHole in my network but imap.mail.yahoo.com is whitelisted.

Still my Apple CardDav and CalDav are syncing every minute but not my inbox of Yahoo.
After I deleted the account and readded, I found following in the logfile but can’t figure out what exactly the problem is with my Amazon folder of my Yahoo account. It sync timed out after 1 minute but I don’t understand why.

Edit: I was curious so I tried with a fresh installation of Thunderbird and all of my mails have been loaded within minutes and inbox is updating very fast. So this can definitely be no ISP problem and must be something with emClient

21:53:05 Yahoo [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Die Synchronisation des Ordners'Yahoo/Amazon' ist fehlgeschlagen mit folgendem Fehler: Der Server hat nicht innerhalb von 00:01:00 geantwortet
          ---> System.TimeoutException: Der Server hat nicht innerhalb von 00:01:00 geantwortet
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.CopyToAsyncWithTimer(Stream source, PipeWriter writer, TimeoutTimer timer, ITaskSource readDemandSource, Action`1 loggingCallback, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.StartReading(Stream stream, CancellationToken token)
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadResult(ReadResult& result)
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadAsyncResult()
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.DefaultPipeReader.GetResult(Int16 token)
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<ReadLineAsync>g__SlowAsyncPath|1>d.MoveNext()
         --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ReceiveAsync()
            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
           IMAP_SERVER_TYPE = Yahoo
           EnqueuedStackTrace =
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass41_1.<EnqueueSynchronize>g__RunSynchronize|2()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass41_0.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__0()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.Synchronize(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(Boolean forced, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.MailFolderSelectHandler.FolderSelectInternal(ControlFoldersBase sender, FolderChangeEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.FolderSelectHandler.FolderSelect(ControlFoldersBase sender, FolderChangeEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.ControlFolders_FolderSelect(Object sender, FolderChangeEventArgs e)
                at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.UI.Controls.Folders.ControlFoldersBase.OnFolderSelect(FolderChangeEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.UI.Controls.Folders.controlMailUserFolders.OnFolderSelectChanged(Boolean selectedByMouse, Boolean& focusAfterSelect)
                at MailClient.UI.Controls.Folders.ControlFoldersBase.treeView_NodeSelected(Object sender, TreeViewNodeSelectedEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlTreeView.ControlTreeView.OnNodeSelected(TreeViewNodeSelectedEventArgs e)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlTreeView.ControlTreeView.selectSingleNode(TreeNode newSelectedNode, TreeViewAction selectAction, Boolean ensureVisible, Boolean expandParents)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlTreeView.ControlTreeView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.AutomationViewUserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.TouchScrollUserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                at Interop.User32.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.Interop.Mso.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(UIntPtr dwComponentID, msoloop uReason, Void* pvLoopData)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
                at MailClient.Program.<>c.<Main>b__185_3()
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
                at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
                at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)
           GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True
21:53:05 Yahoo [IMAP] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.<>c__DisplayClass137_0.<<SynchronizeIntAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<<SynchronizeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
           GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True```

As removing and readding your Yahoo account made no difference, I would then try completely disabling PiHole to test (if you haven’t already). Could be there is something else in that program that is interfering with eM Client in some way that is no affecting Thunderbird or Macmail.

Also try resetting the Win 11 OS firewall “to defaults” Incase that’s changed somewhere as well.

If still no difference, then try creating a new eM Client database Incase your current one is corrupted in some way.

To create a new database, first close eM Client, and then go to your user profile “hidden roaming folder” as in the below screenshot example and rename it eg: eM Client-old. Then open eM Client and it will run the wizard to setup as brand new.

Lastly these is my Yahoo example IMAP and SMTP Server settings.

1 Like

Hi, followed your steps to create fresh database and also deactivated PiHole.
Still the behaviour is the same. It seems like eM is taking forever to sync the sent messages.
With my old database I let eM open for days to have enough time for sync, still only 22 of ±6000 sent mails have been synced and its not stopping to sync the sent folder. Maybe there is an issue?
When I added my Yahoo account to thunderbird it started to download the sent messages with high speed, within a few minutes I had 1500+ mails synced in the sent folder. Also the logs show that the inbox is not synced regulary in eM…

Here is the whole log with IMAP/SMTP diagnostic from today:

Edit: 3 hours after my post the sent folder has still not synced any further. Only 22 mails are visible, and eM is syncing and syncing the folder nonstop. I guess this sync might block the inbox sync? I also hit repari in the sent folder properties but thats not changing anything. Sent folder gets flushed and after a few seconds, only 22 mails are visible. Also the same error message from below log occurs. Maybe a dev needs to take a look and encrypt what the problem behind might be?

09:23:43 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 
09:23:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing account properties: For host https://carddav.address.yahoo.com/.well-known/carddav
09:23:43 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder list
09:23:44 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing account properties: Done
09:23:44 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
09:23:44 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: For folder Yahoo/Contacts
09:23:46 Yahoo IMAP Uploading item(s) to folder '/Inbox'
09:23:47 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Sync of Yahoo/Contacts finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 638 items,  38 downloaded
09:23:47 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Done
09:23:48 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Inbox'
09:23:57 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Sent'
09:25:09 Yahoo IMAP Uploading item(s) to folder '/Inbox'
09:25:10 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Sent'
09:27:22 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Inbox'
09:27:22 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Sent'
09:33:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
09:33:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: For folder Yahoo/Contacts
09:33:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Sync of Yahoo/Contacts finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 638 items,  0 downloaded
09:33:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Done
09:39:35 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/_EBAY'
09:39:42 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Sent'
09:43:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
09:43:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: For folder Yahoo/Contacts
09:43:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Sync of Yahoo/Contacts finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 638 items,  0 downloaded
09:43:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Done
09:53:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
09:53:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: For folder Yahoo/Contacts
09:53:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Sync of Yahoo/Contacts finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 638 items,  0 downloaded
09:53:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Done
10:03:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
10:03:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: For folder Yahoo/Contacts
10:03:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Sync of Yahoo/Contacts finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 638 items,  0 downloaded
10:03:43 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing items: Done
10:12:26 Yahoo [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.AbortedException: Connection could not be created while going offline.
          ---> MailClient.Imap.Base.ByeException: Connection timed-out
          ---> System.TimeoutException: Server did not respond in 00:00:01
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.CopyToAsyncWithTimer(Stream source, PipeWriter writer, TimeoutTimer timer, ITaskSource readDemandSource, Action`1 loggingCallback, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.StartReading(Stream stream, CancellationToken token)
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadResult(ReadResult& result)
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadAsyncResult()
            at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.DefaultPipeReader.GetResult(Int16 token)
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<ReadLineAsync>g__SlowAsyncPath|1>d.MoveNext()
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ReceiveAsync()
            at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.RunCommandAsync(Command command, Func`3 notificationCallback)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionExtensions.RunCommandAsync(ConnectionContext context, Command command)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.<FetchPreviewsAsync>g__AsyncPath|63_0(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.<ProcessPriorityUpdatesAsync>g__ProcessPriorityUpdatesSlow3Async|50_2(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.FetchNewMessagesAsync(SequenceSet uidSet, UInt32 messageCountEstimate, Boolean narrowed, Boolean chunk, Boolean allowHybridMode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.<ProcessPriorityUpdatesAsync>g__ProcessPriorityUpdatesSlow2Async|50_1(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.FetchNewMessagesAsync(SequenceSet uidSet, UInt32 messageCountEstimate, Boolean narrowed, Boolean chunk, Boolean allowHybridMode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.NormalSyncOperation.SynchronizeFolder(Dictionary`2 infoOldFlags, UInt32 serverMessageCount, UInt32 newMessagesTotal, UInt32 uidNext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.NormalSyncOperation.ExecuteInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.SyncOperations.BaseSyncOperation.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesAsync(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesAsync(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapMailSynchronizer.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass41_2.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__6(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken ct)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
           EnqueuedStackTrace =
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass41_1.<EnqueueSynchronize>g__RunSynchronize|2()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass41_0.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__0()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.EnqueueSynchronize(Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.Synchronize(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(Boolean forced, Boolean fromUI)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.FolderActivated(Folder folder, Boolean goingOnline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.FolderActivated(Folder folder, Boolean goingOnline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.IFolderSynchronizer.Activate(Folder folder)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Activate()
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.Activate(Boolean ignoreVisualActivationCount)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.<>c__DisplayClass137_0.<<SynchronizeIntAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
                at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.<>c__DisplayClass137_0.<SynchronizeIntAsync>b__0()
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
                at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
           GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True
           ByeException
             COMMAND = UID FETCH 451318 (MailClient.Imap.Base.BodyPeekParameter)
10:12:26 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing account properties: For host https://carddav.address.yahoo.com/.well-known/carddav
10:12:26 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder list
10:12:26 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing account properties: Done
10:12:26 Yahoo CardDAV Synchronizing folder list
10:12:28 Yahoo IMAP Synchronizing folder '/Sent'

Tried uninstalling, deleting all files, reinstalling etc. over the past couple of days but the problems from my last post remain the same. If the devs won’t read and suggest a possible solution it looks like I can’t use eM as I rely on fast email exchange :frowning:

For what it’s worth, I have this same issue.

I have my old email client running in tandem (Mailspring), another that I am testing (Postbox), and they both update instantly with new Yahoo e-mails as they come in.

EmClient needs to be refreshed manually to update Yahoo e-mails.