Yahoo email account is not connecting to server

Since 10/25/2022 none of my Yahoo emails are being downloaded
I checked my account but nothing was changed
I get a red exclamation point letting me know emClient could not connect to the Yahoo server

I tried to delete my Yahoo account and recreate one from scratch
When recreating I was redirected to a Yahoo webpage where I accepted emClient to access my Yahoo emails

Still not working!

Anyone knows what changed in Yahoo/emClient security since 10/25?

I have deleted the account and tried to add it with the wizard. I still get the error that eM Client cannot connect to Yahoo server

I have then attempted to use the manual generation of Yahoo password and create the account using “Other”
I generated a Yahoo one-time password in my account
I created a new email account using “Other” and input all info manually
For the password I copied/pasted the newly generated Yahoo one-time password
SMTP worked – no issue
IMAP still cannot connect to Yahoo server

so there is something wrong with eM Client accessing Yahoo server
I have no issue accessing my Yahoo email from a browser (Chrome or Firefox)
I have no issue accessing my Yahoo email from my Android Samsung S9 email application
I have no issue accessing my Yahoo email from my Apple iPad email applications

Hence the issue is with eM Client application which cannot access the Yahoo server, no matter if I re-created the account using the Wizard, manually or “Other” [with a one-time password]

Note that the issue has started after 10/25. My last received email was dated 10/25 before I delete the Yahoo account info from eM Client to attempt to fix.

A red exclamation point letting me know eM Client could not connect to the Yahoo server.

If you have eM Client for Windows, go to “Menu / Operations” and click on the far top right “Log Tab” and look for any obvious error messages and paste them in this thread.

Tried to delete my Yahoo account and recreate one from scratch. When recreating I was redirected to a Yahoo webpage where I accepted eM Client to access my Yahoo emails.

Sounds like the eM Client email setup went ok via the automatic wizard, “as you were asked to allow eM Client access to your Yahoo account” which worked ok without errors at the end.

So that usually means (as you can access your Yahoo account online ok via a browser), and you are completing the wizard ok in eM Client, then it could be that you may have a local program possibly installed that’s blocking eM Client receiving emails or blocking mail ports etc.

Programs that can interfere with eM Client are eg: Optional Antivirus programs, Optional Firewall / Security programs, VPNs. So if you have any of those type of programs installed, try completely disabling those to test.

If you don’t have any optional programs installed like in the above examples, or if you do but makes no difference disabling them, them let us know what version of eM Client you have as might be that you have an older eM Client version.