[WTA] - eM Client mail export settings

Hi All gurus,

I just started to using EmClient to replace my outlook in windows 7.
recently i tried to backup some mails to .eml files but when i tried to export these mails windows gives me an error saying “file name too long”.

I was wandering if there is any setting where i can change the export file name format?

Hello,
the reason is that one of the mails you want to export has long name. We are currently working on the fix, but the only solution for you now is to export those mails except the one with long name or rename it.

I have this problem too but in a different scenario. I export the eml files every week for back-up purposes. Once backup is done, I wish to delete the backup folder on my local computer to save disk space.
However some eml file names are too long and I am neither able to rename nor delete them. I notice it happens with incoming mails that have a long subject line and I have no way of modifying them.
When trying to delete it throws up the error:
“The file name would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the name…”
I have tried copying the folder to C: and then deleting, but the actual file inside remains stubborn. Any suggestions?

Regards
KRC

Hello,
please download and install the fixed version from here: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v4.0.151…

I hope it will help you.