Sometimes when I send new email, I use the wrong from-account. I’ve long hoped that eM Client would allow linking of specific recipients to specific from-accounts, but that doesn’t seem available. After general searching, I discovered a workaround to help me personally avoid this problem. This might be useful for others – or maybe it’s obvious.
In eMC Settings/Mail/Template and Signatures…
- Create or modify your Signature for your default send-from account as identified in the “Select signature for account” dropdown box.
- If you don’t already have a signature set up, give your new signature a name in the “Signature for new email” dropdown.
- Click the big “Signatures…” button, then click the “Edit” menu item in the pop-up box.
- A new pop-up for “Signature Editing” appears, where you enter your desired reminder text.
- Confirm/save your changes as needed.
Personally, I’m using the text “CONFIRM DESIRED SENDING ACCOUNT” at the top of my new signature. Now when I click to create a new email, I see my custom reminder text. Then I select the correct from-account and delete the obnoxious reminder…