Won't download email for offline use for Gmail imap.

On a fresh install of eMClient with gmail set up as the only account, the client won’t download all my email for offline use, just the headers. I have everything checked properly, including the imap settings page on gmail. I also clicked the repair button under the properties for the gmail folders, but no luck. No weird messages in the log, either. Any ideas? I have no problems with this on Thunderbird, but I would really like to dump TB for eMClient if I can get imap to work.

If they don’t synchronize as they are supposed to (only Inbox synchronizes automatically (if you are not in the folder), for other folder you need to righ-click at it, choose Properties, Offline tab and check “Download messages for offline use”) we would appreciate if you send us logs: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check IMAP. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us the logs (with a reference to this topic) using the same logging settings window.

So when I had the Gmail account in account settings checked for offline download, emclient would only download the latest emails when I clicked on the folder I was interested in (as you pointed out, it would always download the latest in the inbox). When I unchecked the global offline setting and instead checked it for the individual folders I would get the same behavior, but when I clicked the download button in the offline tab, it started downloading the whole folder. Hopefully, it will download everything, but it’s going to take a while :slight_smile: This appears to be the intent of the design of emclient, but it seems slightly confusing. I’ll mark this thread as solved for now and start a new one (or reopen this one if I can) if the problem persists.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, wait, I guess I can’t mark this thread as solved, but I did click “good solution” under your comment.

I don’t see the “download” button you’re referring to in the offline tab of the folder’s properties. I have a fresh version of version 5 that I want to download my full gmail imap contents for offline usage on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Tools - Accounts - your email account - IMAP tab and in Offline section “Download messages for offline use” + “Include attachments and images” does not work?

regards
Jan