Windows upgrade made eM Client vanish

I think that Widnows did an automatic upgrade on my computer while I was sleeping last night and eMClient vanished from my computer. The program is still there under "my programs " but the icon that I used to launch it from my desktop is gone and when I launch it using the other icon it starts asking me to set u a new email account. My saved emails are gone and all of my folders are gone. Help please, how can Irecover my lost emails?

Hi Jack, not completely sure what you’re referring to, system update should not be able to remove your folders. Have you maybe accidentally changed the storage location of your database folder in Tools > Settings > General > Storage?

The default eM Client database location is in your user folder/App Data/Roaming/ , check if you have a eM Client folder located in this folder and check the folder size or if there are duplicates of your database.

If the folder is missing, eM Client would automatically try to setup a new database, as you suggested, however if the storage location is changed and the database not properly moved to another destination, new eM client database would be created on the new location setup in Storage.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks for your reply Paul,  I do have that folder but it says that it was just created the other day when I found my eM Client database empty and used that other icon to launch it.  It says that there are 20 files in it and that it size is 372kb.  When I originally set up eM Client I would have used the defaults for storage location and I have not done anything that would have accidentally deleted that database folder.  Any ideas where it would be if I still have it?

Hi Jack, I’m unfortunately not completely sure what might have occurred, unless you’ve accidentally renamed the storage location under Tools > Settings > General > Storage, which would essentially cause a new database creation after application restart, I’m afraid you might have lost your old database data.

If you have an existing backup of your previous database, you can always restore your data or in case you’re using an IMAP account, you can simply setup a new account in the current database and let the application re-sync your data with the server.

Regards,
Paul