Windows 11 can't launch em client anymore

after the last windows update em client is not launching, i’m getting the following error if i try to launch it manually from program files or powershell

The system cannot find the file C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe

I can launch it if, i manually got to the directory with powershell/cmd and do .\MailClient.exe
(opens on the compose new mail, but also launches the client)

Tried repair, clean remove and install, nothing is fixing it.

Kinldy advice

miércoles 24 enero 2024 :: 1545hrs (UTC +0100)

If you are certain that it is an issue caused by the update and the update was within the last 10 days you could have an option to roll-back the update →

We have done this for clients, however, it is possible for you to self help.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Open Settings ->Windows Update ->Update History ->Scroll to bottom ->Recovery
->Go Back ->If not available it will be grayed out, if available follow instructions.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

That will not fix the issue with the executable, it will break again next update, not to mention, there are a lot of security updates this month

jueves 25 enero 2024 :: 0936hrs (UTC +0100)

You stated that the issue started after the last Windows update so the obvious and logical thing to do is to remove the cause, if you are not prepared to even try this what do you expect on the forum?
I also have Windows 11 Pro 23H2 completely up to date as of 20 mins ago with eMC v9.2.2157 I do not nor have I ever had an issue with eMC.
Based on my experience with Windows & eMC the issue is with your OS not eMC.
As you are not prepared to attempt a roll back of Windows then an OS repair/image check might help, you can run this yourself at YOUR OWN RISK although the process is straight forward IF you follow the instructions.
If you want to know how to do this ask.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

1 Like

Is powershell running as administrator? So eM Client is starting as administrator, but not as the user?

If so, that may be an issue with the Windows user accounts and their permissions.

You did not say what update. Can you give the KB reference for it. You will find this in the update history.

hey Gary will check permissions, no running as user

Did not work sadly, renaming the folder to remove the space worked… i suspect my registry must be corrupted somewhere and does not like the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client”

and i was right…

for some reason under the registry entry i can see ccleaner :slight_smile: that is not even installed

jueves 25 enero 2024 :: 1303hrs (UTC +0100)

It is quite possible that this was a “background” action if you have recently installed some software; also if you have Avast/Avg installed as Ccleaner is now owned by AVG
They have history and there are many instances on this form where AVG has been the cause of issues.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

yeah, i suspect something like that… the old delete the entry and reboot fixed it.
sometimes the fresh morning perspective helps