Will emails on server be deleted?

I want to setup a POP3 account. I just want to test this account for now. I’m afraid that the automatic setup of this new account will – without asking – download all the emails on the server and then delete them. For this reason, I am hesitant to continue the automatic setup without some assurance that the deleting will not happen.

I realize that once the account is setup, I can choose what happens with the emails on the server. But I don’t know if the automatic setup will just do the deleting as the account is being setup.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks,

sábado 26 septiembre 2020 :: 0722hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi ajason…

You don’t name your ISP,however, to ease your mind; log into your email account with a web browser, go to settings and ensure that your POP3 account is set to retain emails either in the inbox or wherever ‘unread’ - you can always change this later, save and log out.

It is not normal for setup to download and delete emails using automatic setup.
If you are really that concerned use manual setup and when in the POP3 window, at the bottom, ensure that under Server settings…
Leave a copy of messages on the server is checked.

If you have any other issues - Get Back

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

Hola Russ,

Thanks for your reply. My server is on godaddy (securesever) – but I cannot find any feature that allows me to select “leave messages on server.”

I’ve also been unable to locate any similar choice on emClient. One confusing thing is that the automatic setup created both an IMAP and a SMTP account . . . ? Why both?

And then in the SMTP settings window, the bottom part is cutoff. Am I missing something?

sábado 26 septiembre 2020 :: 0905hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi ajason…

I’m not familiar with the godaddy setup, I’ll have a look later, I have to go out right now but I will get back to you.

You will need to delete the account you have setup and do a manual install as this will allow you to select POP3, however you will need to be able to answer questions asked.
You can search for the godaddy POP3 setup on Google or wait and I’ll locate them for you later.

IMAP is for incoming mail
SMTP is for outgoing mail

that is why you have both.

Personally I ALWAYS use manual setup.

Russ

[email protected]

sábado 26 septiembre 2020 :: 1127hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi ajason…

Here are the settings you will need to setup POP3 email.

This is a grab from the godaddy site:
godaddy

Russ

[email protected]

Hola Russ,

Very kind of you to lookup that information for me. Very helpful.

Since you seem to know mucho, can you tell me how I can get the scroll bar between the message list and the message viewer to be more visible? I can barely see it. I think the message viewer is covering part of the scroll bar. See attached image:

@ajason To get thicker vertical scrollbars click “Menu / Settings / Appearance / Themes” and choose either “Classic or System” Themes. Both these have the default wide scroll bar.

You can customize the other Themes to also have wide vertical scroll bars, click this link - How does one alter the width of EM Client scrollbars

domingo 27 septiembre 2020 :: 0857hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi ajason…

I see that @cyberzork already answered your query - I would have said more or less the same; plus he has been an eM Client user far longer than me with more EMC knowledge, my expertise is as a programmer.
You can also alter/edit the XML file for a Theme if you have time on your hands, you might also get some help from a site that I put up:

https://www.compucall.com/html/color_preference.htm

Russ

[email protected]