Why isn't automatic backup performing?

Suddenly eM Client stopped performing auto-backup and I don’t  seem to be able to start it manually either - any ideas on how to kick start it again?

One reason it may not be working is if you set a custom path for the backup, which is no longer there, or if the drive is full. Also, if you deleted the DbBackup.exe from the application install directory it will not run.

Besides checking that it is enabled in eM Client (Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Backup) you can also check that the scheduled backup is enabled in Task Scheduler.

In Windows 10, click the start button and type Task. Select Task Scheduler from the results.

Navigate down to eM Client Database Backup, and confirm it is enabled. If not, change the settings.

This is also a useful way to change the time and frequency of eM Client backups.

I’m having the same problem.  My last backup was 10\04\2017.  It’s now 04\09\2020.  When I try to do a manual backup I get the file name .zip.incomplete.  I’m now using WinZip 24.  I don’t know if that could have anything to do with the backup, since it uses zip to make backups.  Maybe I’ll check with WinZip.

It does not depend on any external compression application, so don’t worry about Winzip.

Can you go to Menu > File > Backup and do another backup. Then go to Menu > Tools > Operations and look for any errors in the Log tab.