Why does the client stop downloading one of my email accounts

I have 2 email accounts… gmail account quit syncing to the eM Client 2 days ago. Got an error :  An attempt connecting to …gmail account failed.  Checked settings and all seems to be OK.

Two things you can try:

1. Disable anti-virus and firewall and try again.
  2. Check you have the correct settings for the IMAP and SMTP 
        SMTP host=smtp.gmail.com Port=587 Security policy=Force usage of SSL/TLS
        IMAP host=imap.gmail.com Port=993 Security policy=Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Gary, 
I tried the two things and my A/V allows eM Client  and the firewall isn’t blocking it.
Also the settings are just what you suggest.
The software has worked fine but recently has not synced with gmail… yahoo works fine…

Rather than checking that the anti-virus and firewall allow eM Client, did you disable them and check that way?

If the GMail account is set to IMAP port 993, what is the Yahoo port set to? Maybe change the GMail one to the same port and security policy as the other and see if that works.

I found that I can’t run Avast and Malwarebytes at the same time … I uninstalled Malwarebytes and the problem went away… Now some of my emails come in only showing who it from, but NO info in the body of the email. In other words I get the email but no subject matter in the email itself. I can go to Yahoo and read the email.  It  just doesn’t come in in eM Ccient. It seems to happen randomly .