why does it take hours to get emails from a server ?

ntlworld is my service provider , if I use my laptop and go direct to the service provider it will open a days emails in about 3 minutes .
em client will take up to 3 hours to do the same thing - I assume ; because I never waited that long - instead I gave up and I opened the emails on the 5 yearold laptop instead. this pc is 6 months old and is running win 7 .

Hi,
does it display some error during the download of mails?

no errors displayed - I select receive all and nothing happens for ages , so I try again a few minutes later maybe one or two emails arrive , then I try again a few minutes later , one or two again

I have been on pc now for 45 minutes only 6 emails have downloaded. They are from 11 May - Two more days to go !!! and I get about 30 -40 emails a day !

Hello,
we would appreciate if you send us eM Client logs: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check Network communication. Then simulate the issue, restart eM Client and send us the logs using the same logging settings window.

Regards

log sent to you as requested
after i had restarted emclient and forced 3 emails to come through by clicking on send receive