Why does gmail syncing take so long EVERYTIME?

It takes eMClient hours to sync my Gmail for offline use even when there are just a few new messages. This happens at home, work, coffee shops etc. on multiple computers so there is no problem with my internet connections.

Are you sure that the synchronization has been finished? It may take a really long time …

Mine doesn’t take hours, but I noticed when I restarted my laptop the past few times, when I start EM Client I can’t see message content.  All the messages are there, but I just see blue dots going across the screen at the top.  Even if I go back to an old message it won’t show the content. 

I have my accounts set to download data for offline use, so I wouldn’t think this should be a problem.

EM Client does not show that it is currently syncing folders right now, but I can’t see messages.
To fix it I have to close EM Client and reopen it.

Hello Barbara, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server?

Regards,

Hi Paul,
Yes I believe I have the latest 6.0.22625.0

I am using Gmail.   And I use Vipre Antivirus and I have Email Protection turned off.

I have seen this happen a few times, and restarting EM Client resolves it.

It seems to be related to when I change networks (locations).  I try to watch and see what seems to trigger it.

Do the blue dots mean something?

Hello, yes the blue dots are suggesting the application is currently trying to download the data from the server, but if this occurs after you switch networks, it’s possible eM Client is trying to resolve the missing connection with the server, but due to possible proxy change or different security might not be able to.

Please try to temporarily disable your security software and check if the issue persists, antivirus programs can be blocking certain ports for eM Client even if email protection is disabled. Let me know if the problem reoccurs.

Regards,